Another one for the good guys --7th circuit ruling

Isn't Chicago in and of itself, a firing range these days?

Glad to see this news, thanks for posting. I just can't understand these ultra liberal cities besieged with crime that can't see how their policies are a complete failure. It's f'ing mind boggling sometimes.

Isn't Chicago in and of itself, a firing range these days?

Glad to see this news, thanks for posting. I just can't understand these ultra liberal cities besieged with crime that can't see how their policies are a complete failure. It's f'ing mind boggling sometimes.

All the guns come in from the surrounding states, duh.. do you even reasearch bro?

Excellent outcome and an article where I can actually read comments without my head exploding. Granted, there are plenty of moonbats commenting but it appears they are outnumbered by voices of reason.

I legit didn't expect this response from the 7th circuit, will Chicago appeal to SCOTUS?

I legit didn't expect this response from the 7th circuit, will Chicago appeal to SCOTUS?

You would think that in Chiraq, with all the work to be done there, they would have bigger fish to fry rather than try to appeal a court decision. but again, something about not being able to understand NORMAL thought processes.

I love this one! [rofl]

Here's what may be my favorite part of the article (emphasis mine):
The government speculated that commercial firing ranges "attract gun thieves, cause airborne lead contamination, and carry a risk of fire."

Isn't every gangbanger in Chicago armed to the teeth at this point? And doesn't the supply just go up the more they kill each other off? Who needs to steal a gun in Chicago at this point? Just take them off the dead bodies!

I think there is a phrase/acronym to describe this. I believe it has something to do with not being able to understand normal thinking.

Correct, I think it's spelled "LIBERAL CHICKENSH*T HIDE IN THE CORNER AND WAIT TO DIE IN A PUDDLE OF YOUR OWN URINE."

Chiraq's politicans response to McDonald passing a new law requiring range training for an OTC and then zoning out any possibility to have public range thereby curtailing licensesis a future indication of how Commie states will react to a national RTC reciprocity law. The national law, if passed, is going to generate lots of legal manuverings to deny gun rights. Let's hope Trump will appoint an SC justice who is pro 2A and decisions like this one from the Seventh Court will be more of the norm. I understand that the appeals courts are stocked with anti 2A judges from the Clinton and Obama administrations, but I have also heard that no judge likes having one of their rulings overturned.

Chiraq's politicans response to McDonald passing a new law requiring range training for an OTC and then zoning out any possibility to have public range thereby curtailing licensesis a future indication of how Commie states will react to a national RTC reciprocity law. The national law, if passed, is going to generate lots of legal manuverings to deny gun rights. Let's hope Trump will appoint an SC justice who is pro 2A and decisions like this one from the Seventh Court will be more of the norm. I understand that the appeals courts are stocked with anti 2A judges from the Clinton and Obama administrations, but I have also heard that no judge likes having one of their rulings overturned.

Remember that Trump also gets to appoint circuit court judges, I think King Hussein appointed several hundred of them.

ETA Yep, 329 judges: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_federal_judges_appointed_by_Barack_Obama

Super classic quotes:

"The government speculated that commercial firing ranges “attract gun thieves, cause airborne lead contamination, and carry a risk of fire.”" [rofl]

But the Chicago government “provided no evidentiary support for these claims.” For example, “Patricia Scudiero, the City’s zoning administrator, conceded that neither she nor anyone else in her department made any effort to review how other cities zone firing ranges. She conducted no investigation, visited no firing ranges in other jurisdictions, consulted no expert, and essentially did no research at all.”

And none of those issues were concerns with the city's ranges for govt and law enforcement.

Meh, why let facts get in the way?

Last edited:
I love this one! [rofl]

The government speculated that commercial firing ranges "attract gun thieves, cause airborne lead contamination, and carry a risk of fire."

Isn't every gangbanger in Chicago armed to the teeth at this point? And doesn't the supply just go up the more they kill each other off? Who needs to steal a gun in Chicago at this point? Just take them off the dead bodies!
Those "commercial firing ranges" are a real problem, especially out in Worcester. Just ask our little tyrant Maura. [thinking]

Last edited:
I love this one! [rofl]

Banks attract robbers, bars attract drunks, stores attract shoplifters, playgrounds attract pedophiles, etc.

Their desperation is getting more ridiculous with each passing lawsuit.

I wonder how much they've spent on legal bills over the past 6 years?

Banks attract robbers, bars attract drunks, stores attract shoplifters, playgrounds attract pedophiles, etc.

Their desperation is getting more ridiculous with each passing lawsuit.

I wonder how much they've spent on legal bills over the past 6 years?

When your spending other peoples money, the sky is the limit.
Right Maura ?

".......Alan Gura and David Sigale represented the plaintiffs."

I wonder if these guys practice outside of Illinois.

Super classic quotes:

"The government speculated that commercial firing ranges “attract gun thieves, cause airborne lead contamination, and carry a risk of fire.”" [rofl]

But the Chicago government “provided no evidentiary support for these claims.” For example, “Patricia Scudiero, the City’s zoning administrator, conceded that neither she nor anyone else in her department made any effort to review how other cities zone firing ranges. She conducted no investigation, visited no firing ranges in other jurisdictions, consulted no expert, and essentially did no research at all.”

And none of those issues were concerns with the city's ranges for govt and law enforcement.

Meh, why let facts get in the way?

Progressives and facts are like oil and water. They just make shit up as they go (reference Queen Maura and her epic bullshit) and trick the sheep into following.

".......Alan Gura and David Sigale represented the plaintiffs."

I wonder if these guys practice outside of Illinois.
Alan does. He can apply for admission to practice before various federal courts, or appear Pro Hac Vice in partnership with an attorney already recognized by the court.

$399,950! Love it...
Chicago went scorched earth all they way. When arguing to lower legal fees, Chicago's counsel actually argued that tips in the meal expenses should be disallowed since they are not required to be paid by law.

Chicago went scorched earth all they way. When arguing to lower legal fees, Chicago's counsel actually argued that tips in the meal expenses should be disallowed since they are not required to be paid by law.

And every minute making these asinine arguments adds to the bottom line for the winner... You'd think they'd learn?

And every minute making these asinine arguments adds to the bottom line for the winner... You'd think they'd learn?

It still doesn't come out of their paychecks. Perhaps pubic servants need to have some skin in the game?

While the checks for legal fees are nice, does Congress have the power to pass legislation that would impose significant financial on state and local governments for violating citizen's fundamental Constitutional rights?

While checks for legal fees are not insignificant, they are still not significant to serve as a deterrent to any decent size municipality.

Nope.

When a 42 USC 1983 claim is brought, it's "Legal action B" to argue the fees due for "Legal action A". The legal fees for "action B" don't get added to the bill and are not part of of the argument. All such losing arguments do is add time to the arguing party's legal bill.

I suppose one could bring Action C to attempt to recover legal fees from Action B, then Action D to recover fees from Action C, but I don't think that would amuse the court.

While checks for legal fees are not insignificant, they are still not significant to serve as a deterrent to any decent size municipality.
The certainly did not deter the state from defending Fletcher v. Haas (alien handgun ownership) or Wesson v. Fowler (LTCs for MJ convicts).

In both cases, the state understood it was on the hook for the fees and negotiated the amount in a good faith and professional manner with Comm2A, resulting in mutually agreeable settlements. There was no Chicago "fight to the bitter end" on the legal fee claims.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom