Another feel good way to stop illegal gun sales

But in Boston’s inner-city neighborhoods, the classified ad catalog’s firearm section - a black-and-white list of AK-47s, Rugers, and Glocks - serves as another link in the illegal gun trafficking chain, according to community activists

Th bolded part seems a bit.. added on as an after thought. I'd like to know where community activists got this idea? Did they happen to look and see guns and had an A-HA moment that this was where Boston's illegal gun trade happens.

The sad thing about this is that one could show some of these people all of the facts, it won't change their opinions.

To the editor,

An easier way to stop automatic weapon sales from unsuspecting Maine residents to Massachusetts gang members is to enact some sort of Federal law that would make such a transaction illegal. Why it's not illegal for Boston gang members to buy a machine gun in Maine, like an AK47 that holds hundreds of bullets is beyond me. That kind of stuff WOULD be illegal if the NRA didn't have all the politicians in their back pockets. But until we can pass common sense gun control measures like that, the most obviously solution is to ban Uncle Henry's.

Sincerely,

A stupid, uninformed, liberal moonbat doucheface

To the editor,

An easier way to stop automatic weapon sales from unsuspecting Maine residents to Massachusetts gang members is to enact some sort of Federal law that would make such a transaction illegal. Why it's not illegal for Boston gang members to buy a machine gun in Maine, like an AK47 that holds hundreds of bullets is beyond me. That kind of stuff WOULD be illegal if the NRA didn't have all the politicians in their back pockets. But until we can pass common sense gun control measures like that, the most obviously solution is to ban Uncle Henry's.

Sincerely,

A stupid, uninformed, liberal moonbat doucheface

They wouldn't even see the sarcasm in that, they'd just nob and "bahh" in unison. [sad2]

“Our relationship has been severed,’’ said Herald spokeswoman Gwen Gage. “There’s concern that firearms for sale in the book end up on the streets of Boston, and we didn’t want any part of that.’’

-Don't hurt your arm, Gwen, from patting yourself on the back[rolleyes]

I'm guessing there's going to be a huge black market for Uncle Henry's now! Wow!! Next time I drive up to see my family in Maine, I'm going to buy a few dozen copies and then drive to the worst parts of Boston and sell them out of the back of my trunk for $100 each!! I'm guessing the criminal element that is in desperate need of a used deer rifle for sale in Skowhegan will be lining up around the block to get their copy since their now BANNED!

Either that or I'll get a lot of bizarre looks with people saying "Uncle WHO?"

Not sure which scenario is most likely.....

If it saves just one child .... then they should take one of these multiple violent offenders and execute him in the middle of Dorchester in public.

The WantAd had a firearms section for decades. How absurd can people be? I should cease to be astonished by this type of stupidity; but rather, once again, I am amazed at the ignorance.

Some ads carry warnings, requiring proof of a license to carry or identification from potential buyers. Many ads do not, though. Court documents indicate that the man who sold the Glock to Michael Fowler had checked his ID, but Fowler carried a fake Maine drivers’ license.

And the problem is the message so they shoot the messenger...

this is NOT unbelievable. this is par for the course in Beantown. I'm thinking we should place our gun ads in the Globe from now on. Pay extra for them - the Glob needs the money right? Maybe we could get it banned??

Can't wait to see how much violent crime in MA decreases after this catalog stops being circulated. [rolleyes]

Stop feeding the parasites... Don't click on Herald links... I know its tempting, but just need to starve the beast...

Look away... Nothing to see here, but liberal attention whores... [wink]

I work with a hard-core liberal (well, actually a lot of them, this is MA), but one fellow mentioned his boy is applying for an LTC. He knows I have one and we've talked a little bit about it once in a while. It's been interesting to say the least.....we talk mostly about violence and illegal guns. It is astonishing the amount of ignorance regarding current federal and state laws. He thought you could walk into a NH gun store and legally bring it back to MA. I explained, no this is not possible, you must go through a dealer and background check and there have been Federal laws in place preventing this for many years (except if you move, someone dies etc..). After a few months, when some bad s*%t happens regarding gun violence, he now says 'they don't need more laws, just enforce the ones they have'.

A small victory but I"ll take it.

-MS

Last edited:
It is astonishing the amount of ignorance regarding current federal and state laws. He thought you could walk into a NH gun store and legally bring it back to MA. ...
he now says 'they don't need more laws, just enforce the ones they have'.

A small victory but I"ll take it.
1 down, 6million more to go [sad2]

Back
Top Bottom