Another CB thread

Well I finally got a cb, sort off anyway. Picked up a couple of "emergency" CB's this weekend at a yard sale. They are the old GE Help radios. 40 channel handhelds with magnetic antennas for use in the vehicle. I actually got comms from Dartmouth to Falmouth this weekend.

It seems as though no one is really on the radio these days. Anyone here in the southcoast area on? What are the better channels to use?

I would like to actually gets comms with someone who has a family appropriate vocabulary!

OUT.

Up here a lot of people are still on....12 17 ...Billerica,Chelmsford,Manchester NH...Nashua on 19 &21....Fitchburg/Leminstah is 2...Worcester is all over the place,I fire up on the weekends.

I just picked one up last weekend. In my area....near where the pike and 91 intersect I've heard quite a bit on 19, 14 is sort of active, 6 is randomness and 11 and 4 are spotty.

I just picked one up last weekend. In my area....near where the pike and 91 intersect I've heard quite a bit on 19, 14 is sort of active, 6 is randomness and 11 and 4 are spotty.
Hear anyone with an IQ above the speed they were driving? I have a CB for SHTF because so many people still have them, but I never listen to it any more. Lets just say that most of the people I heard I would never want to meet.

Hear anyone with an IQ above the speed they were driving? I have a CB for SHTF because so many people still have them, but I never listen to it any more. Lets just say that most of the people I heard I would never want to meet.

Yea namely people in jeeps or pickups. Most of the people on six are FR but its kinda funny to listen to for a short while.most of the truckers are out there. There are still quite a few people in pickups and jeeps around here that make it worth listening to.

Back
Top Bottom