• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Another C&R question

Garys

NES Member
Has anyone filled one of these out by hand, that is, writing, not typing?

On a side note, I waited for my LTC renewal to come back before I started this. My town still issues the old style licenses. I was told second hand that they haven't bought whatever they need to do the new style licenses. So, not every city and town is issuing new style licenses. At least not yet.

Gary

Garys said:
Has anyone filled one of these out by hand, that is, writing, not typing?

Gary

One what?? Your question is not clear?

Did you mean the C&R FFL application?

Did you mean the FA10s that you have to file for each acquisition?

In both cases, I ALWAYS fill them out by hand, printing them so that it's readable. I do not use a typewriter for anything any more!

I'm with Len here. I haven't a clue as to what form you think is strangely constructed. That doesn't narrow down the list of possibles much.

Ken

I'm assuming he means the C&R... I filled mine out (Both of them actually) with Pen.

I know there is only one form, but they sent me two. One for the ATF and the other for my Local LEO. So I just filled both of them out in Blue ink. Mailed one to my local LEO, with a letter saying there was no need for him to do anything, just that I was required to let him know. This way, I left the credit card information section blank.

To the ATF went the other form. In about a month to six weeks, I got my license... A week after that I got all my books and paperwork that they send me.

Don't sign the original license... Make TONS of copies, and put the orginal in your safe.

It was quite simple, and I have this site to thank for me getting it. Been thinking about it for ages, but after reading the C&R threads, I finally said: "I'm going to do it".

So... Thanks.

Carter

carter said:
I'm assuming he means the C&R... I filled mine out (Both of them actually) with Pen.

+1 - filled it out with pen, add check & stamp and wait until done... *poof* C&R FFL appears in the mail about 3 weeks later.

I got one two-part form, BTW... just sent the first part to the BATmen, second part to the COP... no problems.

I downloaded all my forms on-line.

Filled one out in ink and made two copies. Sent the inked one to the ATF, along with a Postal Money Order, sent one copy to my CofP, kept one in my files. Six weeks later, got my license.

Yes I meant the 7CR application. Reading the fine print, of which there is a lot, they want you to fill out two originals and send the second one to the COP. From what a lot of people have said, no one seems to mind a copy. However, there's not much to fill out, so I'll do both.

One thing that I thought was odd is that there are references to business names, officers, and other commerical items. I'm guessing those are for museums, since this isn't a dealer license like a FFL.

I should have specified that it was the C&R application, I just assumed (yeah, I know) that everyone would pick up on that.

Thanks for all the answers.

Gary

Back
Top Bottom