• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Andover Pistol accuracy class

I just wanted to give a shout out to ASC for putting on free Pistol Accuracy classes for its members. As a (relatively) new shooter I've had no real formal coaching. I had planned on doing something from day one but something else always got in the way. I would watch instructional videos online, search for tips here and tried to get to the range whenever I could but my shooting was always inconsistent.
While it will probably still be inconsistent,(mostly due to not enough practice) the things I learned today improved my shooting almost immediately. Trigger control and sight alignment along with anticipating are my biggest problems. It really helps to have someone experienced looking over your shoulder to help correct things. I'd still like to take a class at Sig or someplace else but this was such a great benefit I felt it deserved mention.

Yeah, they have some nice, and free to members, training classes there including shooting trap and archery. They want to run some youth shooting too but I don,t know if they got any bites on it.

I finally got to sign up for this class, been wanting to take it for a while. I took a Sig pistol class (102), which was great, but they actually don't teach you anything about stance, trigger control etc. I think Sig's philosophy is they don't care how you do it, they only care where the rounds go. But I could use some help with the mechanics.

So take that Sig class, I don't think it'll overlap much, and everything is draw from holster, dunno if Andover allows that in the class (I know technically it's against the range rules).

Back
Top Bottom