• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

and here's why voting for Cloture was a monumentally stupid move

You guys who think it's "no big deal" don't see the larger picture.

Too many wishy washy RINO's and Commie Dems, they WILL push something through and lets be honest, if only for a minute

ANY law passed is ONLY going to restrict lawful gun owners as criminals pay no attention to the law

“I will be introducing, along with Mike Thompson [D-Calif.], basically the House version of the Manchin-Toomey bill on Monday or Tuesday at the latest,” the New York Republican said, referencing the bipartisan agreement on background checks reached this week between Sens. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) and Pat Toomey (R-Pa.).

Read more: Peter King: House gun bill ready Monday - Katie Glueck - POLITICO.com

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/04/house-gun-control-bill-monday-peter-king-89991.html[/URL]

Oh I Understand COMPLETELY, it only allows it to come to floor of the Senate for debate

You're of course missing the greater point

Read this,

House GOP shows little appetite for Senate gun control measure

Then understand that a vote for cloture doesn't mean that the bill will get out of the Senate.

And how many times has the GOP leadership in the house grown a spine and defended our rights over the last 10 years?

What? You can't list any examples?

Me neither.

I can however come up with a huge list of examples where the GOP Progressive Leadership sold us out and failed to uphold their oath to CONUS.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh I Understand COMPLETELY, it only allows it to come to floor of the Senate for debate

You're of course missing the greater point

Winner, winner, chicken dinner.......

And one of those points is clearly that 68 senators seem to think your rights are up for discussion.......

I am finally beginning to appreciate how the free French felt about the Vichy government!

And how many times has the GOP leadership in the house grown a spine and defended our rights over the last 10 years?

I'd reply to you, but I've read some of you other posts and so I won't waste my time.

Nor will I waste my time replying to someone too cheap to pay for a membership.

The only thing with Cloture is - WHY ARE THEY WASTING TIME? The Congress has no ability to pass a law abridging the 2nd Amendment - by allowing debate to go forward you concede that Congress can infringe with the messy Constitutional Convention.

Next, lets have a vote on a law allowing 0bama to run for a Third Term - no CC required - just a vote.

Why do we concede grounds that would shut this down before it gets started?

I'd reply to you, but I've read some of you other posts and so I won't waste my time.

Nor will I waste my time replying to someone too cheap to pay for a membership.

Here's a short list of the dung that the GOP Progressive Leadership has attempted and in many cases succeeded in foisting on us in direct contradiction to CONUS and their oaths

Patriot Act
TSA
Homeland Security
SOPA/PIPA
NDAA
Amnasty
Failure to secure the border
Medicare expansion (early 2000's)

The list is just about endless if you're paying attention to the legislation that is being proposed/passed.

The only thing with Cloture is - WHY ARE THEY WASTING TIME? The Congress has no ability to pass a law abridging the 2nd Amendment - by allowing debate to go forward you concede that Congress can infringe with the messy Constitutional Convention.

You know that and I know that but SCOTUS disagrees and has somehow done some mental gymnastics to allow the fed gov to infringe on that which shall not be infringed upon by the fed gov without it actually being an infringement.

In other news the sky isn't really blue, its red.

Back
Top Bottom