An itch that had to be scratched and oh, what a scratch it was!!!!

Rockrivr1

NES Member
Due to a very nice trade deal with USP45NUT, I am now the proud owner of a very nice Magnum Research Desert Eagle in 357 Magnum. Oh what a sweet sweet handgun this is. Yes, it has no real world value and there's no way I can carry a handgun that big and heavy, but the FUN factor shooting it is through the roof!! Can't wait to shoot this off at the Pumkin Shoot! (Plug for people to become a member so they can join us at the Pumking Shoot [wink])

100_1606.jpg

100_1609.jpg

100_1610.jpg

I picked it up this afternoon and of course I had to bring it to the range right after work. Had 3 different boxes of 357 ammo. I had 158gr, 125gr and 110gr. The 158s and 125s worked like a charm. Not one problem. The 110s were a little anemic I think and wouldn't cycle properly. I had read that online, but wanted to see how this one would work. As for the 158s and 125s, I had no problems at all. Gun ran great. Got some of that brass slivers heading into my face, but I expected that as well. At 15 ft, I had to aim a little low, but I was able to consistently put all rounds into a beer can size group. Overall I am very happy with this trade

The grips on the Desert Eagle are too large for Dwarf-sized hands; I'm waiting for a Model 29 or 629... or a Ruger Redhawk.

Due to a very nice trade deal with USP45NUT, I am now the proud owner of a very nice Magnum Research Desert Eagle in 357 Magnum. Oh what a sweet sweet handgun this is. Yes, it has no real world value and there's no way I can carry a handgun that big and heavy, but the FUN factor shooting it is through the roof!! Can't wait to shoot this off at the Pumkin Shoot! (Plug for people to become a member so they can join us at the Pumking Shoot [wink])

Hey... were you and USP45NUT the ones trading the Desert Eagle for the Springfield Armory? I was there! I was the one asking USP45NUT if the Springfield was a transfer... hehe...

wow... I'm jealous of the both of you. Both got sweet sweet toys today. [grin]

Hanwei

Yes, it has no real world value and there's no way I can carry a handgun that big and heavy, but the FUN factor shooting it is through the roof!!

Congrats! Very nice pistol. I feel the same way about my HK Mark 23. Had to have it, even though it as big as a tank.

You may know this already but don't shoot lead reloads in it. the one I had years ago (when they first came out) with the same loads I would use in my revolver without leading the barrel the DE would lead up something awful. I guess A little more velocity from the semi auto. so stick with jacketed bullets.

Hey... were you and USP45NUT the ones trading the Desert Eagle for the Springfield Armory? I was there! I was the one asking USP45NUT if the Springfield was a transfer... hehe...

wow... I'm jealous of the both of you. Both got sweet sweet toys today. [grin]

Hanwei

Yep, that was us. I remember you asking him that. Carl's was pretty busy, but his staff took the time to do the transfer pretty quick. I went from their, back to work for 2 hours and straight to the range. Couldn't wait to get out and try it.

I now need to start reloading for 357 Mag. One more caliber to add to the reloading mix.

Yep, that was us. I remember you asking him that. Carl's was pretty busy, but his staff took the time to do the transfer pretty quick. I went from their, back to work for 2 hours and straight to the range. Couldn't wait to get out and try it.

I now need to start reloading for 357 Mag. One more caliber to add to the reloading mix.

Wait........ Yup... still jealous [smile]

I have the same itch, but cant come up with the funds @ the moment. I was just offered a Mark VII .44 mag NIB for $1300.00. Its alot of money, But it is one of the have to have guns for my collection.
You sir have me jelous [sad].. Congrats..

You're saying that with all the guns you have you DON'T have a .357 wheel-gun???

Oh, I have a couple of nice S&W 357 wheel guns, but I haven't started reloading for it yet. Just started with 45s, starting 500 S&W and need to get 30 Carbine after that. I'll move to 357/38 next.

TonyDedo, sure you can shoot some pumkins with it. Bring some ammo for it and you can shoot it as much as you'd like.

Yeah, I'm jealous too! I miss my "heavy-as-freakin-hell" Desert Eagle(also a .357 BTW), Almost no recoil in a magnum round(SWEEET)!

Hey if you ever need to build muscles in your arms, this is the pistol to have. LOL

Back
Top Bottom