• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ammo purchase

Someone else may chime in with more accurate info, I'm no expert.

AFAIK, you also need FID/LTC to possess ammo. That includes spent casings. So no souvenirs from the range.

This is accurate. In this stupid state they consider any component of ammunition as ammunition.
It's like saying a steering wheel is a car.

Someone else may chime in with more accurate info, I'm no expert.

AFAIK, you also need FID/LTC to possess ammo. That includes spent casings. So no souvenirs from the range.
That is correct. See MGL Chapter 140 Section 121 for the definition of ammunition:

“Ammunition”, cartridges or cartridge cases, primers (igniter), bullets or propellant powder designed for use in any firearm, rifle or shotgun. The term “ammunition” shall also mean tear gas cartridges, chemical mace or any device or instrument which contains or emits a liquid, gas, powder or any other substance designed to incapacitate.

Full text here: http://www.malegislature.gov/Laws/GeneralLaws/PartI/TitleXX/Chapter140/Section121

This is accurate. In this stupid state they consider any component of ammunition as ammunition.
It's like saying a steering wheel is a car.
Thanks wahsben and M1911. I thought that was the case, but I wanted to make sure it was accurate info. And I wanted to make sure the OP didn't get jammed up with incomplete info.

Back
Top Bottom