Ammo prices to fall?

I guess you'd be better off regretting that you didn't get a better price than finding that you can't get any ammo at all. I wish I had some cash ...
Maybe Obama will spread some ammo around.

Gringo, I'm in the same position. Cash is tight going into the Holiday, and Heating Seasons combined with a weak capital market, I'm sitting on my hands for a quarter of my billable hours. No extra money to buy toys, yet I too fear the coming price hikes on "anticipation" of Obama bans, even if he is smart enough or distracted enough not to try any new bans right away.

I see all these items I never really wanted buy now that I see the price rising or availability becoming scare I want them. Some things are intelligent long term choices; I really want a PTR 91 which is a high-quality HK91 knock off with remarkable accuracy and a .308 package. A good rife to own no doubt. but, at the same time, I also really want a GSG5 which, as a .22 MP5 lookalike is simply a low cost toy. However, you know with that look, that the GSG5 will be illegal the Moment Obama actually sees one in person. The fact that we can even get them in MA considering their "evil quotient," is incredible.

Anyway, one of those is a rational purchase and a good addition to an mid range AR platform, the other is just a fun way to shoot cheaply. Hence, I should buy the PTR, the SW revolver and the marlin lever action I've had my eye on and really want. But now, with a potential ban coming, I'm distracted by otherwise low-priority desires like AK's and GSG's and such that I fear will disappear fast.

Not to mention feeding these things.

Because I've never owned anything in .308, I didn't really know what it cost to feed it until recently. I just about shit a turnip when I saw $500-$650 prices on a case of ammo.

MY GOD.

That's a nice new gun every thousand rounds.

All I can say is I plan to lay in half a case of ammo for TEOTWAWKI and then go hunting for Zombies packing .308 when things get low.

Ah, sweet mother logic. You're the sharpest of my tools.

Because I've never owned anything in .308, I didn't really know what it cost to feed it until recently. I just about shit a turnip when I saw $500-$650 prices on a case of ammo.

MY GOD.

That's a nice new gun every thousand rounds.

That's a cold calculus, Raoul. And worth pointing out.

I'm trying to be practical with my own situation. There's much that I'd like but little I can afford. I really need to add an AK in 7.62x39 to my collection before inauguration day. The AK can share magazines and (hypothetically) ammo with my SKS Sporter, and the ammo is still comparatively economical.

That's a cold calculus, Raoul. And worth pointing out.

I'm trying to be practical with my own situation. There's much that I'd like but little I can afford. I really need to add an AK in 7.62x39 to my collection before inauguration day. The AK can share magazines and (hypothetically) ammo with my SKS Sporter, and the ammo is still comparatively economical.

A very worthwhile purchase. I really want an AK and as you no doubt guessed, they'll be first on the Buhbye list, but, so much so little, etc.

for the AK, at a minimum, you could buy the Kit ( not many left around anymore), and the US compliance parts, a receiver flat, etc. and have the basics to build your own later, all without going thru FFL.

Guys in California have done a few build parties so it can be done unless there is a provision in your state law that does not allow you to build your own Rifles.

Check Calguns.net and search using terms like build parties and AK etc.

I dont hang there anymore or I would give direct links to the threads.

If you can locate the members that put the thing together they could help you with compliance parts and or kits.

Here is the best I can do using google advanced search.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...hts=&as_occt=any&cr=&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&safe=off

Oh-Oh. Here we go again.[rofl]

Back
Top Bottom