• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Americans Sense Something Is Wrong: Gun Sales Up 72%

Reptile

NES Member
Gun sales were up 72% compared to this time last year, with first-time buyers leading the pack. Americans are likely sensing that something is horribly wrong with the rigged system we are forced to live under.

According to a report by the Washington Post, the National Sports Shooting Foundationsays that first-time gun buyers played a heavy role in the increase. Women and black Americans have also shown interest in arming themselves this year.

“Nearly 5 million Americans purchased a firearm for the very first time in 2020. NSSF surveyed firearm retailers which reported that 40% of sales were conducted to purchasers who have never previously owned a firearm,” the organization said in its analysis, which tracked background checks associated with the sale of a firearm reported by the FBI’s National Instant Background Check System.

The organization said this uptick in purchases by those who have not owned a gun before, equates to nearly 5 million first-time gun owners in the first seven months of 2020. “This is a tectonic shift in the firearm and ammunition industry marketplace and complete transformation of today’s gun-owning community,” said Lawrence G. Keane, a senior vice president at the foundation. “These first-time buyers represent a group of people who, until now, were agnostic regarding firearm ownership. That’s rapidly changing, and these Americans are taking hold of their God-given right to keep and bear arms and protect themselves and their loved ones,” Mr. Keane said

Couple guys in work bought guns for the first time in the last month or so. One guys uncle also bought his first gun. Another guy started shooting again for the first time in 25 years and his son applied for his LTC last month.

Also maybe a dumb question, but how do they know if someone is a first time buyer? (aside from filling out the 4473 three times before getting it right [wink]) Are they going off gov data or are they just asking people?

Gun sales were up 72% compared to this time last year, with first-time buyers leading the pack. Americans are likely sensing that something is horribly wrong with the rigged system we are forced to live under.

According to a report by the Washington Post, the National Sports Shooting Foundationsays that first-time gun buyers played a heavy role in the increase. Women and black Americans have also shown interest in arming themselves this year.

“Nearly 5 million Americans purchased a firearm for the very first time in 2020. NSSF surveyed firearm retailers which reported that 40% of sales were conducted to purchasers who have never previously owned a firearm,” the organization said in its analysis, which tracked background checks associated with the sale of a firearm reported by the FBI’s National Instant Background Check System.

The organization said this uptick in purchases by those who have not owned a gun before, equates to nearly 5 million first-time gun owners in the first seven months of 2020. “This is a tectonic shift in the firearm and ammunition industry marketplace and complete transformation of today’s gun-owning community,” said Lawrence G. Keane, a senior vice president at the foundation. “These first-time buyers represent a group of people who, until now, were agnostic regarding firearm ownership. That’s rapidly changing, and these Americans are taking hold of their God-given right to keep and bear arms and protect themselves and their loved ones,” Mr. Keane said

Yes they are finally seeing that the only real protection is self protection.

These new owners are in for a surprise when they see the hoops they have to jump through... only to find limited inventory and expensive ammo at the end of the rainbow...
They dont know its expensive. They keep asking me "is that a good price?" and Im like "ummmm..today? I guess. Six months ago it was half that"

These new owners are in for a surprise when they see the hoops they have to jump through... only to find limited inventory and expensive ammo at the end of the rainbow...
was at local shop today , several guns sold in a short time. Theres not much to choose from. I think many come in and see what is on the shelf for the money they have in the pocket and by something.

Most will probably only grab a couple boxes, none the wiser that 9mm shouldn't be $.40 per round.

Also im worried we're inching closer to your predicted price

Some people just buy at the wrong time
2D78D4D5-6670-4C13-A57C-7EA87B2D37BD.jpeg

Man, the gun ranges aren't gonna feel safe anymore... [rofl2]

If they ever were, but I have a feeling that the new owners may be buying these firearms as a safety blanket without the will or desire to put the time and effort in needed to actually become skilled or even proficient with them...

Last edited:
Well when the speaker of the House comes right out,and almost tells the America people to over throw the President of the United State.Well I don't know about you, but I think it's time to lock
and load.I am just wondering how many will follow Pelosi, or will the Secret Service just take her out back and shoot her for treason?

If they ever were, but I have a feeling that the new owners my be buying these firearms as a safety blanket without the will or desire to put the time and effort in needed to actually become skilled or even proficient with them...
Yep. "Sock Drawer Specials"...

So, here's a question:

Do we help/teach/train these liberals? Or walk off the range?
I'm all for education, but a diehard Liberal won't spin a 180, no matter how nice we are.
How long until we're looking at the wrong end of our kindness?
What say you...?

Got one of these in a pie chart…? [rofl2]

1598755145465.png
"I like pie..."

So, here's a question:

I'm all for education, but a diehard Liberal won't spin a 180, no matter how nice we are.
What say you...?
I don’t think it wise to train your opponent but to persuade them with words first and to turn their heart from darkness is best practice.

So, here's a question:

What say you...?
Ha. You think these people are going to change? You already see how far radical left these lunatics are. They're so far off the spectrum that there's virtually none that are on the fence anymore. They're on their own, but they're big-time outnumbered.

So, here's a question:

What say you...?
Why would you even consider this after whats gone on in the last few months?

Back
Top Bottom