• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

American Rifleman or Shooting Illustrated

Knob Creek

NES Member
Renewing my membership and have been getting American Rifleman. Now I see they have "Shooting Illustrated". Anyone getting Shooting Illustrated and how does it compare to American Rifleman?

My son gets Shooting Illustrated and the only reason I don't switch is I get to read both. Much better for someone who likes the technical side.

Wait. What?? There's a 4th magazine now??? Dammit. I've got 3 subscriptions in teh house. I need to change my from AFF to SI.

I opt for American Hunter. Well......until my renewal with the NRA is up in November. Wayne will decide if I renew..

I had American Hunter for a long time, enjoyed it, but wanted a change so I changed to American Rifleman. It's nice that you can change then online when you want to.

I got AR with the membership and I paid for SI. I think it is a much better magazine. They have since changed the content so that it contains a lot of what is in AR. I would much rather get SI over AR. I'm going to have to see if that is possible.

I got AR with the membership and I paid for SI. I think it is a much better magazine. They have since changed the content so that it contains a lot of what is in AR. I would much rather get SI over AR. I'm going to have to see if that is possible.

i just logged into the member area and they let you change your subscription to whatever magazine you want.

I read that quick as "Got an AR with my membership. "
I was thinking Damn and all I got was a magazine. [rofl]

If you get the digital version you gain access to all the magazines online and via an app. Also access to the archives which go back a few years.

+1 Shooting Illustrated more gun articles and less blah blah blah bullshit.
AR is awful....imho. I just wait for those bi annual mags like the one that has the Military surplus articles , hodgdon reloading, handloading magzine and such to show up on the news stand.

Back
Top Bottom