American Reloading - Pulled Bullets?

Does anyone have any experience with these? They’re having a pretty good deal on pulled FMJ bullets?

I’m wondering if it’s worth the hassle? Looks like you can snag some FMJ 9mm projectiles for like $0.06/rnd…. That’s like 20% less then coated lead.

It may not matter with 9mm but I bought some 55 grain .224 pulled bullets and was very disappointed with the accuracy. Gave them away.

i use them when i see them around. i certainly wouldn't use pulled bullets for match use but for range pounding, why not? accurate enough for punching paper on the cheap, there's nothing wrong with them if they're pulled correctly and not yanked out with pliers...

I "bit the bullet" and got 2k projectiles. It came out to ~ $0.058/rnd for 115gn TMJ 9mm projectiles delivered. I post some pics when [if] they come in.

Does anyone have any experience with these? They’re having a pretty good deal on pulled FMJ bullets?

I’m wondering if it’s worth the hassle? Looks like you can snag some FMJ 9mm projectiles for like $0.06/rnd…. That’s like 20% less then coated lead.
Watch your CC online banking closely. LOTS of reported fraud after buying from American Reloading. I don't think it's AR doing the fraud, I think their security is non-existent from what I've read. So it gets hacked easily.

I have a bucket of remington flat point lead tipped bullets that were recovered from a bullet trap. Shot them out of my contender for a long time. Loaded heavy and all were accurate from the bench. Bowling pins got shredded at 100yds.
Not sure what they weigh but they would make you want to shoot onlh a handful. I went through over a hundred one winter and my wrust hurt for days. Sold the gun after a few more trips to the range with a lot of barrels.
One I regret selling.

AR is GTG. Next time they offer the 77 SMKs, I'll buy another k.

Can't comment on their other offerings.

I've ordered powder and bullets dozens of times. Read the description. If they don't meet your standards don't order them. If marked "heavy pull marks" and that leaves you wondering, don't buy them. I can tell you that the LOS bullets are new product, that is virgin, not pulls. The FMJ are jacketed , the TMJ are plated. LOS manufacturing
Be careful, the description may say "New Product", meaning it's a new offering to their inventory, but they may still be pulled bullets.
I have had several fraudulent charges on my card, but I can't say it was from AR. I now pay by check only, just to be safe. I just have to wait a few extra days for them to ship. Yes, when you place your order, it's locked up. The merchandise is reserved for you, as they await payment. (If you take five weeks to pay, I don't know, if they'll cancel the order. I send payment within a day or two and never had issues.)
TBH, a slight crimp mark on the bullet doesn't alter my marksmanship skills.
I have used the 175gr SMKs, Terminal Match, 125gr Copper, 230 gr LOS FMJ, 158gr LOS FMJ RNFP, HSTs, V-Crowns, Visual Glows and others; not to mention about a half dozen of the MP powders.

Last edited:
I've ordered powder and bullets dozens of times. Read the description. If they don't meet your standards don't order them. If marked "heavy pull marks" and that leaves you wondering, don't buy them. I can tell you that the LOS bullets are new product, that is virgin, not pulls. The FMJ are jacketed , the TMJ are plated. LOS manufacturing
Be careful, the description may say "New Product", meaning it's a new offering to their inventory, but they may still be pulled bullets.
I have had several fraudulent charges on my card, but I can't say it was from AR. I now pay by check only, just to be safe. I just have to wait a few extra days for them to ship. Yes, when you place your order, it's locked up. The merchandise is reserved for you, as they await payment. (If you take five weeks to pay, I don't know, if they'll cancel the order. I send payment within a day or two and never had issues.)
TBH, a slight crimp mark on the bullet doesn't alter my marksmanship skills.
I have used the 175gr SMKs, Terminal Match, 125gr Copper, 230 gr LOS FMJ, 158gr LOS FMJ RNFP, HSTs, V-Crowns, Visual Glows and others; not to mention about a half dozen of the MP powders.
Yeah was scanning some if the prices and was thinking….some of these prices are ok for some in expensive blasting. Especially now.
If I was not so content on cast loads I would order a few thousand of some

Yeah was scanning some if the prices and was thinking….some of these prices are ok for some in expensive blasting. Especially now.
If I was not so content on cast loads I would order a few thousand of some
The coupon code makes the deal really good right now. My bullets show up Friday, so I guess I’ll see how good they look.

AR is GTG. Next time they offer the 77 SMKs, I'll buy another k.

Can't comment on their other offerings.
I bought a couple thousand too. You need to go through every single one of them though; there are a few 69's in there.

They came in last week and look good!

29AD6D90-C3F5-4AFC-8CE4-50CF963F245F.png

Anyone have a load worked up for these 115gn TMJs with W231?

Back
Top Bottom