Allies .32 Range Report

Twigg

NES Member
I finally got a chance to take my new mouse gun to the range and try it out. I was pleased with the condition of this pistol, she's nice & tight and the trigger looks like it had been jeweled at some point.

I set the target up at ten feet because I didn't think it would be very accurate.

I might be wrong about that. [grin]

The sights take a bit of getting used to. There is a trough running along the top with an itty bitty front ramp. I fed my new-to-me mousie some Remington 71gr FMJ and was surprised by the group I managed to get.

The trigger breaks right at nine pounds according to the trigger pull gauge I picked up at the group buy. It has a nice feel to it too.

Functionality might be an issue. Once or twice with each mag full I'd have a FTF or a misfire. The FTF's I'm thinking might be related to the magazine, it's not original and is stamped "Mexico". As to the misfires, I'm thinking a worn firing pin spring or perhaps the pin itself ?

I want to tear it down but I'm hesitant to do it without at least a diagram of how the thing goes together. I've taken apart and put back together much more complicated things before but I don't like to screw around when it comes to guns.

This pistol is a copy of Browning's Model 1906 pocket pistol. Anybody got any sources for manual, or parts ? Haven't really done much of a search for parts but I don't think Numrich or Brownell's is gonna be much help on an 83 year old gun. I've got a source for the original grips but nothing else. [thinking]

Mousie4.jpg

Last edited:
Mr Twigg,

I have a .pdf for a Browning "Baby" that may or may not be the same thing. I can mail it to you if you send me your email.

You'd be surprised, try Numrich's web site for the hell of it. They have manuals and exploded diagrams for some oddball stuff.

If you do find anything specifically for the 1906, please let me know. I have a nice one, and have never been able to find a manual specifically for it. It did later morph into the Browning Baby and Browning Vest Pocket...

Mr Twigg,

I have a .pdf for a Browning "Baby" that may or may not be the same thing. I can mail it to you if you send me your email.
PM incoming.

Here's some more on the 1906, the predecessor to the "Baby":

http://www.littlegun.be/ma_collection/a be fn 1906 6.35 gb.htm

Does yours have the grip safety?

Nope, and thanks !

If you do find anything specifically for the 1906, please let me know. I have a nice one, and have never been able to find a manual specifically for it. It did later morph into the Browning Baby and Browning Vest Pocket...
Shall do. [smile]

You'd be surprised, try Numrich's web site for the hell of it. They have manuals and exploded diagrams for some oddball stuff.

What the heck, why not ?

That group is pretty impressive. I have a Seecamp and groups are 6". No sights though. I am sure I'll get better as I shoot it more, well hopefully. First time shooting it was from a pretty good distance and I could barely hit the paper.

These little pistols are very finicky. Might be the ammo as well. Keep trying different kinds and you might find one that works flawlessly.

Neato.

I want to tear it down but I'm hesitant to do it without at least a diagram of how the thing goes together. I've taken apart and put back together much more complicated things before but I don't like to screw around when it comes to guns.
I've got a copy of the "Gun Digest Book of Firearms Assembly/Disassembly: Automatic Pistols" at home. Not sure if the pistol is in there, but you're welcome to look and see. PM me if interested.

Back
Top Bottom