• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

All matching WWII K98 bring back and German Dagger

For the oil soak, I use Mobil 1 synthetic with a light mix of transmission fluid. It takes a while to work, but it does wonders!

If it all cleans up well, without taking away any finish or patina, it's a $3,000-plus package.

For the oil soak, I use Mobil 1 synthetic with a light mix of transmission fluid. It takes a while to work, but it does wonders!

If it all cleans up well, without taking away any finish or patina, it's a $3,000-plus package.

Wow! Mobil 1 and transmission fluid?! haha. I'll pass on the recommendations to my friend. And $3k isn't too bad. Thanks for your help/advice!

Also forgive my ignorance of these rifles, but my friend said he wanted to try shooting it soon. I assume this rifle can shoot any modern commerical 8mm ammo? Any things to watch out for? Probably ought to clean/lube it before shooting of course.

how is the bore? If the outside is rusty, gotta wonder if the bore is any good

Yeah seriously, that's a very good question. I'll have to give the bore a quick look with the flashlight.

Back
Top Bottom