Alert - Public Hearing Nov 10 at Fish & Wildlife

Mike S

NES Member
From GOAL:

Joint Committee on Environment, Natural Resources and Agriculture to hear bills regarding hunting.

GOAL has learned that the Joint Committee on Environment, Natural Resources and Agriculture will hold a public hearing at the Division of Fisheries and Wildlife on Tuesday November 10, 2015 at 1:00 PM.

Among the bills of interest to be heard are:

H625 An Act relative to bow hunting for deer in Wompatuck State Park
H762 An Act authorizing the use of bow and arrows for Sunday hunting
H728 An Act relative to the use of shotguns
S427 An Act relative to the use of crossbows in hunting
S432 An Act relative to the use of shotguns for hunting
S412 An Act relative to the use of shotguns
H3237 An Act relative to the use of crossbows

Click here to see the full listing of bills and for more information.

The hearing is at:

Division of Fisheries and Wildlife, 1 Rabbit Hill Road, Westborough, MA 01581 Get Directions

Please consider attending this hearing.

Thank you

The Sunday hunting issue is of most interest to me. There are four separate bills on this issue.

Too much to hope for but wouldn't it be nice to see this someday?

H3236
"Section 57 of chapter 131 of the General Laws is hereby repealed."

The Sunday hunting issue is of most interest to me. There are four separate bills on this issue.

Too much to hope for but wouldn't it be nice to see this someday?

H3236
"Section 57 of chapter 131 of the General Laws is hereby repealed."

Bill S.429

SECTION 1. Section 57 of chapter 131 of the Massachusetts General Laws is hereby repealed.

...........it's on the list bro... Let's hope!

Last edited:
Bill S.429

SECTION 1. Section 57 of chapter 131 of the Massachusetts General Laws is hereby repealed.

...........it's on the list bro... Let's hope!

Right!
H762 - Bow hunt on Sunday
S429,H3239 and H3236 - Repeal ban on Sunday hunting.

NY, VT and NH all allow it and CT groups pushing for same.

I hope to attend the hearing.

Mike, I checked Mass Trappers and they have no posting on this, So I called National Trappers Assoc. and they are sending out an alert as well.

Speaking of trappers...

If you look at the entire list of bills, not just the few GOAL mentioned, there appears to be bill which would repeal the ban on leghold traps.

H673 An Act relative to beavers
"SECTION 1. Section 80A of chapter 131 of the General Laws is hereby repealed."

What I am really interested in, is How many of the Mass. Trappers Assoc. showed up and spoke for the Repeal and how many of the "Wildlife Exterminators" showed up and spoke against it.

I'm curious if any animal rights types showed up to testify against the bills.

I'm curious if any animal rights types showed up to testify against the bills.

Yeah there were a few. My brother was there and told me one group was against any kind of Bill that was pro-hunter. Didn't really have any facts or reasons... They were just against anything.

Yeah there were a few. My brother was there and told me one group was against any kind of Bill that was pro-hunter. Didn't really have any facts or reasons... They were just against anything.

Let me guess...overweight college girls...

Why do they not hold a hearing and then decide? I find it strange how they wait until the hottest days of Summer to decide all this stuff in haste, instead of when it is fresh in everyone's mind.

Why do they not hold a hearing and then decide? I find it strange how they wait until the hottest days of Summer to decide all this stuff in haste, instead of when it is fresh in everyone's mind.

Because they giggle at necroposting?

You need to do some research on how laws are started, processed and eventually passed. ( No not the school house rock version) Nothing happens over night, unless those in power want it to happen, Badly!

OK, but how about regulations? Can those come and go at the whim of a dictator, um, administrator?

No, There is a process for a hearing and comment period that must take place first. If there is enough political opposition to the regulations in question, the "whim" of the agency head is enacted.

How about a review process for already in place regulations, pertinent to the discussion on .22 LR and other coyote/night hunting regulations? Didn't they hold a hearing and favorably change bear hunting regulations? Wasn't there also a hearing about something to do with turkey hunting? Point being, these things CAN be changed sometimes, if there is enough and organized enough opposition.

Back
Top Bottom