ak sight work

greencobra

NES Member
so...who do we know that does sight work on rifles in the metro boston area, north of boston to be more specific and i'd travel to southern n.h. if i had to. the factory sights on my arsenal ak will not zero. i have that front post pegged as far as it'll go and the damn rifle still won't put a bullet even close to my aim point. been using a red dot optic for 15 years and now i want the sight issue resolved. who do we know that can handle it. a lot of smiths want to build me a gun from scratch, fixing sights is so beneath them...i'm open and looking for suggestions, please.

Are you 100% sure that it’s not your shooting and you’re pushing the sight the right way? Arsenals aren’t exactly known for having f***ed up sighting.

Edit: how is the red dot mounted? Are you trying to zero your irons with the red dot??

Last edited:
how is the red dot mounted?
there's a side rail mount.
Are you trying to zero your irons with the red dot??
no. you mean bore sighted? no, it just doesn't shoot. i suspect the, for lack of a better explanation, the rear sight is bent or twisted. if i shim it on one side, it gets closer to where i need to be. yeah, i know how perfect arsenals are, thats why i spent the $1200 instead of 500 on a wasr with a history of bent front sights. hard for you to believe one isn't perfect? yeah, customer service in nevada couldn't believe it either and gave me the run around. i mentioned it before some time back. no one wanted to take it on.

there's a side rail mount.

no. you mean bore sighted? no, it just doesn't shoot. i suspect the, for lack of a better explanation, the rear sight is bent or twisted. if i shim it on one side, it gets closer to where i need to be. yeah, i know how perfect arsenals are, thats why i spent the $1200 instead of 500 on a wasr with a history of bent front sights. hard for you to believe one isn't perfect? yeah, customer service in nevada couldn't believe it either and gave me the run around. i mentioned it before some time back. no one wanted to take it on.
Where did I say Arsenals are perfect?

To be clear, are you trying to “zero” your iron sights by making them co-witness with your red dot or are you actually trying to zero the iron sights by shooting?

Lay the rifle upside down on a known flat surface, resting on its sights. Then look down the rifle from behind the stock. It should be fairly easy to see which sight is off, as the rifle will tilt towards one side, especially if it’s that far off that you can’t zero it.

I found the back story from 2015.

I lol’d at all the complaining about “$1k Arsenals”, especially the guys refusing to pay it.

Always take NES consensus financial advice and do the exact opposite.

Last edited:
I found the back story from 2015.

I lol’d at all the complaining about “$1k Arsenals”, especially the guys refusing to pay it.

Always take NES consensus financial advice and do the exact opposite.

So the problem with the Arsenal was the MA dealer who modified and then sold it?

As usual, OP's posts were just as cryptic 8 years ago as they are now lol

So the problem with the Arsenal was the MA dealer who modified and then sold it?

As usual, OP's posts were just as cryptic 8 years ago as they are now lol
I’m getting the impression he found smiths to work on it but didn’t like the quotes he was getting. Wait til he finds out the barrel probably needs to be repressed along with the FSB adjusted.

I’m getting the impression he found smiths to work on it but didn’t like the quotes he was getting. Wait til he finds out the barrel probably needs to be repressed along with the FSB adjusted.

....it is mass compliant, done by the dealer before it was transferred to me.

Looks like the only thing that needed to be done to make it compliant was removing the bayonet lug and welding the brake on?

Either that or it was built for Somali militias by Arsenal lol

gov-run-back_1442404i.jpg

is the front sight pegged all the way down? you may be able to grind it down or install a shorter front sight post.

do you have an adjustable rear sight? it's not set to 1000, is it?

I have an AR (Bushmaster, made in Maine) that had canted front sights. I just loosened the barrel and re-indexed it with a shim...maybe not the "correct" way to do it but it worked. I am not familiar how an AK barrel is attached to the upper so it may not work the same as I was able to do.

Back
Top Bottom