airsoft

Hey guys,
I just started getting interested in the airsoft game a little. I have seen some INCREDIBLE airsoft guns that look so close to the real thing its amazing. I have an AK47 airsoft gun that works pretty well and looks cool.
I have been looking for one of those metal M60 airsoft guns. Pretty expensive but its so realistic I need to buy one against my wifes wishes.[grin][smile] Man those things are awesome. Anyone have one of those or some other realistic looking airsoft replicas they play with?

Rob

Heres one I have from back when i was doing force on force skirmishes. Its not a toy in any sense. Upgraded, it shoots .25 gram BBs (twice the normal weight) at over 425 FPS at a rate of almost 30 bbs per second. Under 15 feet on bare skin, you'd be popping bbs from under your skin like zits. Im going to sell it soon. It is a full custom one I traded for some custom knifework I did for the shop owner. All the internals are upgraded, Deans connectors, 4200MAH battery, m130 spring, piston drilled out, etc etc.

I dont do arisfot any more, so all I use it for is punishing friends who think they are man enough to take a full auto burst to the back. Every one dances like a little girl after the first round wails them.

8.jpg

Last edited:
I had a few airsofts. They were great training tools to practice the safe handling of firearms. I also practiced trigger control and I never felt bad dry firing that thing.

*I apologize in advance to any 56k'ers out there, and what this post is about to do to you.*

I believe you've already seen this, but here's mine.

gear_all-004.jpg

gear_M16A1_203-002.jpg

This was shortly after I bought this gun. Hadn't taken the orange off yet. It looks much better now, plus now it's used so it's not so shiny. I should take some more recent photos.
gear_M16A1_203-004.jpg

You can see where I ruined the finish on my colt, trying to get the orange off:
1911_002.jpg

Here's some pics from a Vietnam airsoft game I attended, called Trail to Hell. Though the terrain was a fraction of the hell that our actual soldiers went through over there, it was about 10x more 'hell' than my fat, pale, suburban ass was used to. The whole field was on the side of a mountain. I think I drank 6 gallons of water that day.
TTH06_009.jpg

TTH06_004.jpg

TTH06_015.jpg

TTH06_096.jpg

TTH06_082.jpg

TTH06_080.jpg

TTH06_069.jpg

TTH06_061.jpg

TTH06_045.jpg

TTH06_029.jpg

They require lots of time invested to keep them running. They definitely don't last. But it can be worth it. If you really go out there and use them, they break...A LOT.

Love the pics thats looks like a ton of fun, where do you get airsoft gun's? do I need to go to a specialty shop to checkem out?

Is airsoft made to last or are they good looking junk??

The one I have has very few plastic parts at all. They all function well stock if you get a good maker, but as soon as you start tearing down the gearboxes and modifying, maintenance can be nasty and theres lost of parts to break and wear out in the overstressed gearboxes. MUCH more complex than a real gun....lots more to maintain and break.

I'd start googling it, but a few choice links are:

Federal Airsoft is an airsoft specialty shop in MA. There used to be more in this area, but I think these guys might be the only ones left after A&A shut down last year.

RedWolfAirsoft is a good online shop. They'll be shipping from Hong Kong, though, like most decent airsoft shops...so you could potentially have trouble with customs.

WGC is another Hong Kong shop. This is where I used to get my stuff from.

It can get expensive. I've got about $1000 into my M16A1/203...and thats just repairs and minor upgrades after using it for a single season. Part of the reason I got out of it.

*edit: Oh, yeah, don't forget the NEASG. New England AirSoft Group.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom