airsoft guys

so since my time has been so limited to get to the range and train the way i want i figured id bring some training home i saw this airsoft gun at dicks sporting goods and was wondering for any of you airsoft aficionados if the rifle is worth it or not

dicks is selling it for $170

http://cheaperthandirt.com/SOFT816-57751-1801.html

i want this version mainly because it mirrors my main m4 the best and unlike most of the airsoft guns its metal!

anyone else train with airsoft and recommend a quality replica that wont cost me as much as buying a new gun?

just me but i would stay away from Electric. Heard some bad things.
I bought a Replica for my Sigma just for sightin and grip training and love it.
CO2 with Blowback.

Not so sure.....no idea on that brand. For Electric arisoft rifles, you are really paying for the internals....gearbox, piston, gears, hopup, etc....most regard Classic Army, G&G, G&P as the better makers, but they are PRICEY.

Gas, you have to keep buying gas....electric, you can and WILL break something in the gearbox and need to service it eventually....its a tradeoff.

Most cheap airsoft guns are plastic. All the metal ones are pricery for the most part...i would be a bit suspect of a cheap, metal airsoft gun since they've gotta be skimping somewhere....

Sorry i can't be more help!

I have a high end one so im not that familiar with the cheaper rifles....

i got mine off Ebay. All metal except the polymer type frame. got it for half of what everyone else was asking so you might want to try there. Be aware though seller AirRattle on ebay is a PITA to deal with and a scum.

All those Airsoft guns at Dick's are el-cheapo, including the one you've linked. As someone said, you're paying for the internals...and unfortunately, I haven't seen a cheap AEG yet that had decent internals. If you're paying less than $250 you're not going to be very satisfied with how the thing shoots. However, if you don't care how it shoots or how long it lasts, go to town.

If you want a decent metal bodied gun that shoots well, ClassicArmy's guns are great out of the box.

I use a POS airsoft replica of my Sig for workout sessions' "dessert" : shooting attackers after all the other stuff we do. The gun hits the floor a few times a week , and when it breaks I won't care.

Don't get confused by the electric/gas thing. Rifles worth spending time with are pretty much all electric unless you're getting some customy semi auto sniper model. Blowback pistols are the ones that use green gas.

What do you plan on doing with it?

For serious "range" type training, you'd do better spending this money on a ceiner .22lr kit for your real rifle. Airsoft rifles aren't accurate enough stock to be any better than dry firing with the real thing. And if you're dreaming of shooting indoors, these bbs shatter at those ranges.

For mag change, or other type action drills (no firing) or screwing around in the backyard with your buddies, it will do.

If you want to run around in the woods fighting other airsofters with it (check out tolcom.org), I'd stay far away from anything not Classic Army (first choice, high performance, metal) or Tokyo Marui (plastic, lower performance, but more reliable)

Don't forget you'll need batteries and a recharger.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom