• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Airline Advocacy Group - Close the Checked Bag Loophole

allen-1

NES Member
Airline Passenger Advocacy Group Calls for Ban on Ammunition in Checked Bags

From the linked article:

An airline passenger organization used the anniversary 9/11 to push for new regulations that would ban ammunition in checked luggage.

FlyersRights.org, which claims to be the largest US airline passenger organization with 40,000 members called on Trump to close the “ammunition loophole.” The group claims that ammunition in checked bags could lead to more 9/11 style attacks in the future.

“We are alarmed that the Trump Administration is hiding and failing to correct past inadequacies and compounding them by pursuing newly misguided policies,” said Paul Hudson, President of FlyersRights.org. “Ignoring and hiding a rulemaking petition filed by FlyersRights.org in 2017 to fix the ammunition loophole that allows and even encourages carrying of guns and ammunition with no added security in checked baggage.”

How about you go f*** yourselves?

How exactly is ammo in checked luggage you can't even get to a problem?

Are you daft, man??? I can make a metal-cutting saw out of a vibrator, a 1.5" blade and a knitting needle. (All legal to bring past TSA.) All I need to do is assemble that mofo, cut a man-sized hole through the floor while no one notices, drop in, get the ammo, get the gun and BAM, I'm de captain now!

Get with it. I'm surprised this doesn't happen 3-4x a day at this point.

Are you daft, man??? I can make a metal-cutting saw out of a vibrator, a 1.5" blade and a knitting needle. (All legal to bring past TSA.) All I need to do is assemble that mofo, cut a man-sized hole through the floor while no one notices, drop in, get the ammo, get the gun and BAM, I'm de captain now!

Put a prayer rug on the floor where the hole needs to be. No one will ever dare comment negatively, or else be accused of "hate".

Once you acquire the ammo through the floor hole, load it up in your undetectable plastic 3D printed ghost assault rifle.

Planes have a hatch the leads into the cargo hold.
It is just a matter a unlocking it and climbing inside.
Just pop up real fast while nobody's looking and hijack the plane after grabbing the gun and ammo.

The Millennium Falcon toy I had as a child also had a false floor where you can go into the hold.

They did that on Star Wars.

Same thing.

Must have been how that Lockerbie Scotland plane came down..[slap]

How about they strengthen security at the luggage handling areas.
Still a lot of handlers stealing items out of peoples bags....

If they can get stuff out, they surely can get stuff in!

Wait 1.5 in blades are legal? That dbag just wanted my push knife then?

When was the last time arms in checked baggage were accessed and used on the plane? Carry-on control is adequate.

A year before 9/11/2001 I boarded a plane with a 4.0in pocketknife. TSA woman just compared the length to her palm and handed it back to me. Fast-forward 17yrs. Last month ago I went to the range a few hours before a flight. During my final self-pat-down before stepping through the scanner I realized a spent casing had fallen into my shirt pocket. Too late to remove it -- nearly panicked. Fortunately it didn't register, but that could have become a really bad day.

Clearly you've never seen Executive Decision because you're doing it all sorts of wrong. All you need to do is take the elevator, easy-peasy. [rofl2]

During my final self-pat-down before stepping through the scanner I realized a spent casing had fallen into my shirt pocket.
there's your loophole right there. we need legislation to keep people from reloading during the flight.

How about they strengthen security at the luggage handling areas.
Still a lot of handlers stealing items out of peoples bags....

If they can get stuff out, they surely can get stuff in!

^THIS.

It's all theatre until a year goes by with no thefts from checked luggage.

Last month ago I went to the range a few hours before a flight. During my final self-pat-down before stepping through the scanner I realized a spent casing had fallen into my shirt pocket. Too late to remove it -- nearly panicked. Fortunately it didn't register, but that could have become a really bad day.

Penn and Teller used to have a private competition between each other on who could get a regulation-sized shot put past the magnetometer most creatively. IIRC, their solutions included:
  • Throw it up in the air over the top of the arch as you step through and catch it on the far side.
  • One rolls it through the arch as the other passes through. They turn him around and after wanding, blame the eyelets on his boots or something. Then P&T pick up the shot put which has come to rest against the far wall of the terminal.
  • Give the inspector a $20 and ask them, "could you carry this through the metal detector for me?"

When was the last time arms in checked baggage were accessed and used on the plane? Carry-on control is adequate.

A year before 9/11/2001 I boarded a plane with a 4.0in pocketknife. TSA woman just compared the length to her palm and handed it back to me. Fast-forward 17yrs. Last month ago I went to the range a few hours before a flight. During my final self-pat-down before stepping through the scanner I realized a spent casing had fallen into my shirt pocket. Too late to remove it -- nearly panicked. Fortunately it didn't register, but that could have become a really bad day.

you should have framed the guy in pussy hat behind you, then "said something" about dude being suspicious and that you saw him hiding something up his ass in the bathroom.

Back
Top Bottom