• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

After FBI kills disabled veteran in pre-dawn raid, family demands answers: 'It was a senseless act': Theodore "Teddy" Deschler

Reptile

NES Member
The family of a disabled veteran that FBI agents killed during a pre-dawn raid is demanding answers, saying law enforcement hasn't justified the raid or explained why Theodore "Teddy" Deschler was shot.

An FBI SWAT team descended on Deschler's Henderson, Tennessee, home on Aug. 16. About 15 minutes later, the 45-year-old veteran was shot dead, WBBJ reported.

"It was a senseless act," Deschler’s brother, Russell Deschler, told WBBJ. "Teddy was a 100% disabled veteran. He had problems. He had severe PTSD. He had depression but he was getting help for it but this was senseless."

Continues...

Disabled Vet suffering severe PTSD and they throw in flash grenades, tear gas and shoot him through the windows or door. Family claims he had no weapons on him. WTF is this country coming to?

As awful as this is and its most likely the feds fault...however if he stabbed a guy he's not 100% disabled... there's probably a lot more than this version of events

Disabled Vet suffering severe PTSD and they throw in flash grenades, tear gas and shoot him through the windows or door. Family claims he had no weapons on him. WTF is this country coming to?
It’s not not coming, it came.
They kill because they were given legal rights to come and kill with no explanations and don’t have to provide any excuses.

As awful as this is and its most likely the feds fault...however if he stabbed a guy he's not 100% disabled... there's probably a lot more than this version of events
Ok. Keep an eye on the house and grab him when he leaves. Talk to the mother or lawyer and say he needs to turn himself in. A lot of potential ways to get him in custody without a big production SWAT raid.

Fox definitely added disabled to the headline to be sensationalist. But 100% VA rating doesn’t mean you’re a quadrapalegic or anything. In fact, he could be 100% disabled just from a PTSD diagnosis. Though, 100% for PTSD means some very serious symptoms.

Lots of 100% “disabled” vets function just fine for most things. I’m not saying they don’t deserve the rating, but what they got the rating for could be any number of things that they’re suffering from.

Ok. Keep an eye on the house and grab him when he leaves. Talk to the mother or lawyer and say he needs to turn himself in. A lot of potential ways to get him in custody without a big production SWAT raid.
O i agree don't get me wrong... but just the way that article is written you'd think the dude was a parapalegic not someone going through a pyscotic break who is fresh off an attempted murder beef

My headline outrage boner was rendered impotent after reading the article.. No details on WHY the FBI was there, only that the disabled vet was arrested on a prior charge of a stabbing.

I really wish the media would leave out vet/disabled etc like they are above reproach and can do nothing wrong.

Or that they should get a "pass" on anything they do wrong because they are a vet..

NEWSFLASH!!!! There is a metric shit ton of shitbird vets.

Fox definitely added disabled to the headline to be sensationalist. But 100% VA rating doesn’t mean you’re a quadrapalegic or anything. In fact, he could be 100% disabled just from a PTSD diagnosis. Though, 100% for PTSD means some very serious symptoms.

Lots of 100% “disabled” vets function just fine for most things. I’m not saying they don’t deserve the rating, but what they got the rating for could be any number of things that they’re suffering from.
That's interesting i did not know that... the way the wording was though made it seem like he was physically disabled....

They still could've not shot the guy... just the article could be less click baity too

I'm sure more will come out around this but hey it's the Feds... they have surprised me before

It's really too bad more agents like those conducting raids don't get eliminated from the living. How cowardly it is to go after someone by using flashbangs when it's known they suffer from PTSD. Almost as bad as the filthy agents shooting a woman in the head while she's holding a baby or burning women and children alive because the alphabet agents wanted to show off how powerful they are. They're all scum.

My headline outrage boner was rendered impotent after reading the article.. No details on WHY the FBI was there, only that the disabled vet was arrested on a prior charge of a stabbing.

I really wish the media would leave out vet/disabled etc like they are above reproach and can do nothing wrong.

Or that they should get a "pass" on anything they do wrong because they are a vet..

They're not a protected class like the 13% dindunufins so thats why.
Also mucho dangerous hombres now that they're home and broken and discarded.
That's the perception.
Also because dicks like you fail to take that into consideration.

But the need to pull the trigger weighs heavily on these swat/.gov agencies. If he would have identified as a tranny, he would be here today.

Sorry. Not a veteran so you can skip the anti-vet rant with me.
You'll have to do better with the insults too.

"Theodore Joseph Deschler (45) passed away unexpectedly in Henderson on August 16, 2023. Born April 27, 1978, in Stevens Point, Wisconsin. The son of Timothy and Bonnie Deschler. Teddy lived his rambunctious young life with his older brother Russell Deschler. Teddy was strong willed and stubborn at times, but he also had enormous heart and wonderful sense of humor. He was generous, loyal, and brave. He was clever and full to the brim with knowledge gained through all of his life experiences: mechanic, semi-driver, firefighter, military, fisherman. Teddy enlisted in the military after he graduated high school, where he served for 8 years and was honorably discharged. Teddy was 100% disabled veteran, he loved fishing, reading books, and taking care of his cat. Teddy loved collecting pig memorabilia. He will be remembered for all the heart he shared with his family and friends. He truly loved each of them.
Teddy is survived by both his parents Timothy and Bonnie Deschler, and brother Russell Deschler, and aunts, uncles, cousins and other assorted family and many caring friends. WE will always love and miss you until we can meet again. "

Hoft noted that there has been no national media coverage of the incident, but that after making contact with one of Deschler’s neighbors, that neighbor said he was not allowed to discuss the event because he is a witness for the FBI.

Also - one of the comments on this local news story -
"Where is the Sheriff in all of this ? Even tho it was inside the city and the city has it’s own Police dept. The city is inside Chester county, and the Sheriff is The chief law enforcement Officer anywhere in this county. He has the authority to arrest anyone including an FBI agent inside this county.He has the power to force any federal law enforcement officer coming into this county to check in with him before attempting any arrests, even for federal laws."

there's probably a lot more than this version of events
i'm not commenting on this particular event but rather, well, most of the eye witness accounts of late. really vague and sounding out in left field. everyone is troubled, everyone is seeking help, no one did anything. i saw a pbs documentary several months ago regarding events similar to this case here in the original post and a witness described hearing 114 gunshots. stuff like that, really, a persons cowering behind a decorative boulder on a lawn and he's counting the exact number of shots...and no one questions the accuracy of the statement before they printed it.

i'm not commenting on this particular event but rather, well, most of the eye witness accounts of late. really vague and sounding out in left field. everyone is troubled, everyone is seeking help, no one did anything. i saw a pbs documentary several months ago regarding events similar to this case here in the original post and a witness described hearing 114 gunshots. stuff like that, really, a persons cowering behind a decorative boulder on a lawn and he's counting the exact number of shots...and no one questions the accuracy of the statement before they printed it.
Maybe he's rain man... don't be so judgy

But yeah lol...omerrg he was so troubled... well did you do anything... no we let him be troubled he was harmless though

Ma'am your harmless troubled son stabbed a guy

Omg nooo he wouldn't do that

People are dumb

That's interesting i did not know that... the way the wording was though made it seem like he was physically disabled....

Yeah, VA Disability is perhaps mis named and very few folks not involved understand.

It isn't disability such as SSDI.

It is compensation for injuries/issues that occurred or are aggravated while in service.

38 cfr covers most of the rating system: Federal Register :: Request Access

The VA considers me 100% Totally and Permanently disabled. I can still hold a full time job if I wanted as I have and will not apply for individual unemployability through the VA.

I can still do physical work, just takes me a bit longer and a whole lot more alcohol and NSAIDs.

Yeah. How often are the FBI called in when some guy stabs some other dude at a gas station 6 months prior???? Seems like there is an awful lot missing.

Yeah, VA Disability is perhaps mis named and very few folks not involved understand.

It isn't disability such as SSDI.

It is compensation for injuries/issues that occurred or are aggravated while in service.

38 cfr covers most of the rating system: Federal Register :: Request Access

The VA considers me 100% Totally and Permanently disabled. I can still hold a full time job if I wanted as I have and will not apply for individual unemployability through the VA.

I can still do physical work, just takes me a bit longer and a whole lot more alcohol and NSAIDs.
Alcohol on the job?

But a cooperative, non-violent arrest doesn't send the the message they need to project.

Back
Top Bottom