Adam Kraut is trying for the NRA BOD again Update he made the ballot

Excellent, maybe this will be a wake-up call to NRA leadership.
Nope. The vast majority of members are sheep who vote as the leadership tells them to via the "nominating committee endorsement" system. It will simply reinforce the leadership understanding that for all practical purpose they pick the directors.

If I remember correctly, he only lost by a few hundred votes last time. Pretty amazing without an endorsement. For example, if every eligible on this board voted for him, he might have won.

Let’s put our thinking caps on shall we. The issue of Marion Hammer and the Nominating Committee are separate issues.

Sure, Hammer pushing 80 may well be getting a bit long in the tooth. However, Marion’s lifelong contributions to the NRA can never be over-stated. She has done more for gun rights than 99.9% of Americans have, hands down.

The Nomination Committee is indeed a “stacked deck” It done that way by design. In every State in America anti-hunter, anti-gun, anti-sportsman, what have you, are actively engaged of slowly taking over the Fish and Wildlife boards and then enacting anti-sportsman legislation. How hard would it be for Soros to sponsor a candidate for the NRA and try to get them elected? It’s really not out of the realm of possibility. The Nomination Committee rules are designed to prevent this from happening.

What the Nomination Committee should have done is to reach out to Adam and sit down with him and see if the 2 can reach an understanding where Adam can gain the committee’s endorsement.

Hammer is indeed old school, and reluctant to change an old practice, but the rules are there for damn good reasons.

If I remember correctly, he only lost by a few hundred votes last time. Pretty amazing without an endorsement. For example, if every eligible on this board voted for him, he might have won.
If you really want him to win, bullet vote for him and him alone. You aren't helping much if you vote for him as well as a bunch of approved candidates.

but the rules are there for damn good reasons.
There is a rule that allows a candidate to be DQed for putting false info in their bio. An independent investigation of candidates to verify their claim of years of advocacy on behalf of the cause would make it easy to stop stealth enemy candidates without having the committee chose the winners.

The NRA is big money. They want a candidate who will respond with "Sure, I understand $1M is too small a salary for someone as important as the NRA president, I agree a 12% raise is appropriate" when the president's mole proposes a raise.

There is a rule that allows a candidate to be DQed for putting false info in their bio. An independent investigation of candidates to verify their claim of years of advocacy on behalf of the cause would make it easy to stop stealth enemy candidates without having the committee chose the winners.

The NRA is big money. They want a candidate who will respond with "Sure, I understand $1M is too small a salary for someone as important as the NRA president, I agree a 12% raise is appropriate" when the president's mole proposes a raise.
I think its easier than you believe but I understand where you are coming from. Marion is a tough old bird. I support the NRA nomination rule but do believe that the NRA could have easily sat down with Adam and reached a mutual understanding and have told the NRA as much.

The N.R.A. Lobbyist Behind Florida’s Pro-Gun Policies

that the NRA could have easily sat down with Adam and reached a mutual understanding and have told the NRA as much.
Talks might have broken down when they would ask Adam "Will you tow the party line; vote as the leadership wishes; and go along to get along?"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom