Active-shooting incident reported at community college in Oregon

A friend of mine, who happens to be a therapist of the mental kind, suggested that antis want gun control because they don't trust themselves with guns. The train of thought goes that they don't trust us with guns because they don't trust themselves.

Idk, he has seen a lot of these moonbats & head cases up close so I kind defer to him a certain amount.

Then the argument should be made the immature, ignorant, incompetent people - have no place in "modern society". They need to have their rights restricted for the "good of society".

One of my coworkers was relating to me yesterday how he got into it with this woman who we work with about healthcare costs. Apparently she's a flaming liberal - which isn't a big surprise seeing as how she's apparently a belligerent lesbian (head of multiple "lesbian rights groups" and so forth) - as well as being fat and ugly. I don't talk to her - but apparently he does. Anyway - he told me she and him got into it one day over the cost of blood tests - because he ended up paying thru the nose while he knew somebody else that got a subsidized rate. Lesbian's argument was: " People who make more money need to subsidize 'the less fortunate for the good of society' ".

I told him that he ****ed up - because he totally blew a chance to totally argue her down and piss her off over that comment. First he should have made her reinforce her position openly and clearly - again. Then he should have told her " Excellent - well I sort of agree with that position, people should be forced to do things "for society" - by the government. For example - people who are overweight should be FORCED TO LOSE WEIGHT. First off you're eating too much food and taking food from the mouths of starving children , secondly it's a health problem and you're costing society more money in health care, thirdly your weight creates more pollution because you're car gets worse gas mileage, etc - I could go on - but I'm agreeing with you - people need to be FORCED to do things because of "society" ".

I'm pretty sure that would have completely pissed her off.

I must point out that SCOTUS has ruled multiple times that the police have zero legal requirement to protect you. Zero. None. Nada. Zip.

I've seen it argued that the police can literally watch a crime in progress and they are legally able to walk away.

The anti's don't even want police to protect you. They just want to leave you completely defenseless against an evil person intent on doing harm. Because in their minds as long as you can't revolt against the government then their plans for communism cannot be challenged.

The anti's would rather see a woman raped than even entertain the thought that she could defend herself with a gun.

Exactly.

Thanks for adding that - It slipped my mind.

My point was to highlight the fact that the liberals claim that "we should all give up guns and let the police protect us" - is just complete bullshit because they've had more than ample opportunity to demonstrate how that is going to work.

The fact that the courts have ruled that the police have absolutely NO legal liability for NOT doing so - basically slam dunks the argument.

Liberals who make this claim need to be stomped on and stomped on HARD until they cry for their mothers, and when they do - then they need to be reminded again that the police have no obligation to protect them.

I get completely sick and tired of hearing this bullshit argument out of the left when there is absolutely NO reason to back it up.

Then the argument should be made the immature, ignorant, incompetent people - have no place in "modern society". They need to have their rights restricted for the "good of society".

One of my coworkers was relating to me yesterday how he got into it with this woman who we work with about healthcare costs. Apparently she's a flaming liberal - which isn't a big surprise seeing as how she's apparently a belligerent lesbian (head of multiple "lesbian rights groups" and so forth) - as well as being fat and ugly. I don't talk to her - but apparently he does. Anyway - he told me she and him got into it one day over the cost of blood tests - because he ended up paying thru the nose while he knew somebody else that got a subsidized rate. Lesbian's argument was: " People who make more money need to subsidize 'the less fortunate for the good of society' ".

I told him that he ****ed up - because he totally blew a chance to totally argue her down and piss her off over that comment. First he should have made her reinforce her position openly and clearly - again. Then he should have told her " Excellent - well I sort of agree with that position, people should be forced to do things "for society" - by the government. For example - people who are overweight should be FORCED TO LOSE WEIGHT. First off you're eating too much food and taking food from the mouths of starving children , secondly it's a health problem and you're costing society more money in health care, thirdly your weight creates more pollution because you're car gets worse gas mileage, etc - I could go on - but I'm agreeing with you - people need to be FORCED to do things because of "society" ".

I'm pretty sure that would have completely pissed her off.

Reminds me of George Bernard Shaw

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone that thinks the police will protect us needs to read the book Dial 911 and die.
Also as pointed out earlier the courts have ruled that the police have no duty to protect us.

I don't have one, but blindly banning/giving everyone guns aren't solutions either and people keep screaming those as if they are.
Uoh Uoh uoh uoh, easy there fella. Who are those people who "should" and "shouldn't" have guns? Who do we pick to have his rights taken away? And who's deciding who's getting cookies and who won't? Slippery slope right there. You sound like a "moms demand" talking head. Seriously.

The book is not about the Police, it is about actual cases where people dialed 911 and were murdered. 911 did them no good and yes unfortunately there are some forces that have overstepped their authority.

"Comply or die" is the new tactic....

The answer is owning your responsibility to protect yourself, and do so. End of conversation.

That isn't a solution, many don't want guns and many shouldn't have them.

Perfect solution - I shouldn't have to support you if you choose not to do so yourself and neither should I have to protect you.

Want to eat - work
Want to be safe - carry the means of your own self defense.

Don't want to do either - have a nice life cupcake!

See I think proving basic competency first isn't a problem. I currently have to hear complete idiots talk about how they bought a gun they don't even know anything about and can't operate at all. You and I may be smart and responsible, but many others are not.

Up until recently basic firearms handling was common knowledge that was learned in day to day affairs. Were it not for government intervention there would be no need to test for competency.

Again, government looking to solve a symptom of a problem it itself created and perpetuates.

I already told you, idiots leaving loaded guns out for kids to shoot people with because they don't have any understanding of weaponry or the dangers that come along with them.

I don't know why I ever try to discuss this, there is no reasoning with madness. No more taking the bait.

Exactly where is this a real problem? How many cases a year do we see this happening versus the number of gun owners?

You are right that there is no reasoning with madness. I feel you have fully embraced it...

[h=1]Umpqua Strong Music Festival honors Chris Mintz[/h] [h=2]The 30-year-old U.S. Army veteran, confined to a wheelchair, made a surprise appearance at the memorial concert[/h]

920x920.jpg

http://registerguard.com/rg/news/lo...ng-music-festival-honors-chris-mintz.html.csp

Back
Top Bottom