• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Action Shotgun Match, October 16th

Action Shotgun Match
October 16th, at the
Bradford Sportsman’s Club,
Charleston R.I.
6 stages of steel and clays, stationary and aerial
3 divisions, Open, Tactical, and Pump
Entry fee $50.00
Cash Prizes
Awards to be determined by division participation
Shot only, no slugs or buckshot
Preregistration Only
Limited to 60 shooters
For more information email Dan Sierpina at
[email protected]

Please email me for application. Application is now attached
Thanks
Dan

View attachment Action Shotgun Match.pdf View attachment Application.pdf

Last edited:
Any ideas on a course of fire?
Right now, the plans are for:
1 long field course- 32 rounds
2 medium courses- 20-25 rounds
2 speed shoots- 8 rounds
1 Aerial course- 25 rounds.
Loading blocks will be available for the aerial course.
There will be popper launched clays, poppers and plates in addition to stationary and aerial clays.

Last edited:
Right now, the plans are for:
1 long field course- 32 rounds
2 medium courses- 20-25 rounds
2 speed shoots- 8 rounds
1 Aerial course- 25 rounds.
Loading blocks will be available for the aerial course.
There will be popper launched clays, poppers and plates in addition to stationary and aerial clays.

Is Mike going to shoot his Russian shotgun? That funny looking thing with a box magazine?

I prefer to buy my speed, that's why I shoot open
Tactical, Open they're all GOOD! Better practice reloads with that Saiga too. I shot Jim's Akdal at RM3G, pretty neat, and it was almost stock. I think that thing will give Saigas a run for their money when trick stuff gets made for them.

would this be a terrible event for someone that has only shot trap with a pistol grip turkey gun?
I don't see why it should be. Most of the stages are "ground based". If you've shot trap with your shotgun, you'll be okay for the aerial stage. You will want a selection of choke tubes though. Improved Cylinder or Light Modified will work best.
If you're shooting a pump, that division is limited to 5 rounds in the gun.

I don't see why it should be. Most of the stages are "ground based". If you've shot trap with your shotgun, you'll be okay for the aerial stage. You will want a selection of choke tubes though. Improved Cylinder or Light Modified will work best.

thanks for the info, I would be using a pump. now I'm going to have to check my schedule

Does this mean that my slug gun won't cut it?

[troll] Is this match TOF friendly? What is a aerial stage? Shooting while jumping from a cliff? [smile]
Oh, Short Flaming One, the match is meant to be friendly to everyone. As in all matches, some will fare better than others.[grin] No cliff diving is involved, nor zip lines, that's at the Iron Man. The aerial stage involves clays from several traps. It will involve keeping rounds in your gun to shoot at said clays. A loading block, which was built for this type of shoot, will be available for use.
Actual stage layout will be mostly the efforts of Mark Mazzotta.[devil]
Nothing will be as diabolical as the design of JJ Johnson, like this is.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvhyB3Wvzj0

Last edited:
haironfire.gif
1032.gif

Last edited:
Fred, I think that barrel is Improved Cylinder, which should work fine. A cylinder bore barrel would be at a disadvantage.

Thanks. I have been expecting problems with the slug barrel as the shotgun matches have been evolving into something more than just cardboard and steel. How about a Polychoke; would one of them work?

Thanks. I have been expecting problems with the slug barrel as the shotgun matches have been evolving into something more than just cardboard and steel. How about a Polychoke; would one of them work?
The Polychoke will be better than nothing. Choke tubes are a better setup. What barrel do you have that has a Polychoke?

The Polychoke will be better than nothing. Choke tubes are a better setup. What barrel do you have that has a Polychoke?

I don't have anything new right now. I am looking at a new barrel in the future and thought that a Polychoke might work; adjustable choke with a comp built in.

I don't have anything new right now. I am looking at a new barrel in the future and thought that a Polychoke might work; adjustable choke with a comp built in.
Trust me, that "comp" will put you in Open and won't work worth a damn as a comp. You don't have speedloaders, you don't have a big mag tube. The Saigas and others with big tubes will eat you up. Get a choke tube barrel, and practice loading. Changing choke tubes is legal in any normal match. I have heard rumors of matches that don't allow it.

Back
Top Bottom