ACTION PISTOL at Independent, Foxboro, Ma (4/28)

THIS Saturday, April 28th ...
There will be an ACTION PISTOL SHOOT at the Independent Sportsmen's Club

Independent Sportsmen's Club
Club Location is at the end of: Mirimichi Rd. in Foxboro MA
Visit the club website for directions: www.independentclub.com

Eye protection (with side protection) AND ear protection, are required!!!

· We have side protectors if you need them ($1 per pair).

NEW shooters are ALWAYS welcome!
· We do "ask" any new shooter(s), to please show up by 8am if possible.
This is so we can fill you in on what to expect during the shoot, answer any questions you may have, and to explain the safety rules.
· Also, "New Shooter Classes" will be starting up again in early Spring, for new or returning shooters.
Please contact Paul Remick III for additional details, 508-384-4150.

Reminders:
· 7:30am - Setup (Help is always greatly appreciated!!!)

· 8:30am - Signup

· 8:50am - Shooters Meeting

· 9:05am - Start Time

· During club shoots, ALL Ranges are CLOSED, until approximately 1:00 pm on the day of the shoot.

These are always fun, although they've gotten MUCH more crowded the past couple of years.

I'd be there, but I have a convention I have to attend.

I forgot to post this the other day... Saturday turned out to be a great day for a shoot. Independent has a brand new plate rack from MGM and it is awesome. That stage moved fast.

The shoots are gradually incorporating paper and multiple shooting positions with movement. With drawing optional, it is a good place to start action shooting. Next month (May 19th) they plan to add a third bay and MLE shooting sports is going to have a table with products for sale.

Last edited:
I was there, it was a great match. I went with the wife and dog and we took turns playing with the dog while the other taped/shot.

I talked to the guy who owns http://www.mle-shootingsports.com/ and he lectured me a bit on safety glasses (I have been meaning to get some) and show me the ones that he has and recommended an optometrist that can handle prescriptions for shooting. I just ordered a pair from his web site.

The match was a bargain at $10.

As always, kudos to Paul and everyone at Independent who makes the monthly shoots what they are. I only wish the shoots were bi-weekly instead of monthly! I can always count on a great time with plenty of great people willing to help out the newbie like myself. I can't wait to see you all next month!

Thank you GTOShootr for posting this. I'm interested in getting some side protectors for the guys at my club. Could you please tell me where you get them? Thanks.

No problem. I'm actually not part of the crew that runs Independent but I'll ask Paul where he gets them and post it. It may have been some place in Burlington, VT, or maybe that was something else. I can't remember.

You might try to see if Graingers carries them, as they carry a lot of safety gear and they are located all over the US.

Back
Top Bottom