Accessories for the Slug Gun

Viper22

NES Member
Gearing up for the upcoming shotgun season, I added a sling, buttstock ammunition carrier, and bipod. Also scored 3 boxes of Lightfield 2 3/4" Sabot Slugs for $10 each. Lately I've been seeing them going for $15.

DSCF00074.jpg

DSCF00054.jpg

DSCF00035.jpg

DSCF00103.jpg

Looks good!
I was thinking of picking up one of these (I am assuming it is the H&R ultra Slug hunter) but I was wondering if you can get a replacement smooth bore barrel from H&R for it, preferably one with screw in chokes like on their turkey gun?

I've looked at the website they have for their accessory barrel program but i find the info lacking...
Does anyone have experience with their barrels or know off hand what is compatible with the slug hunter?

From info I read on the NEF/H&R website any reciever with the prefix N (There's one more prefix....I just forget which) can be fitted for other barrels.

My slug hunter has the prefix N which means I can have other barrels fitted for it.

Take another look at their website. It will give the second prefix that can have barrels fitted for it.

Why a bipod? You should be able to easily make a 150 - 200 yard shot without one. And I would not push a slug gun much past 150.

Got the bipod on it for a few reasons.

First off, I need to sight in the scope. I'll use the bipod on the bench.
Secondly, there's a few hunting spots where I'll be able to use fallen trees and rock walls as "blinds" and the bipod may come in useful if I want to use the fallen trees or rock wall to steady my shot.
Thirdly, it looked good in the picture![smile]
Oh yeah, and it was leftover from a .22 rifle that I sold.

Anyway, depending on what type of shot I have and what cover I'm using its worth keeping the bipod on the shotgun. It isn't in the way and doesn't weigh much, so why not?

Back
Top Bottom