• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

A Source for battle field photos from WW2

So Im sitting here sick, in 3 blankets on the couch with my 4th day of the military channel on ( its been the WORST flu Ive EVER had) and I had a project I thought might be fun to add to my mil-surp collection. I would like to build a photo album of original battle filed photos that contain all of the mil-surp firearms I own from the WW2 era. I dont own anything too rare in terms of firearms so thats not an issue, but I do want authentic photos and not reproductions or copies.

Is there a place where anyone has had luck with such items? I know there are 1000's of listings on ebay, but I dislike ebay and distrust most of the sellers selling "collectibles"

drb

Thanks for the link SteelShooter, I never tire of seeing WWII images. I'm more than a bit obsessed with reading about WWII military history. Oh, and hope you're feeling better **DRB**.

Cheers,
Z

German bundesarchive has tons on action in Europe. Not sure on link, but it would take you weeks to go through part of them.

This picture I think, is amazing, Soldiers scrambling back as one has covering fire. You can see the shell ejecting after the shot. Bayonets ready as they know it's going to be a tight battle.

View attachment 46757

Thanks Boris, I'm going to have to pursue that.

we should make it a sticky, there are a couple of other sites that I remember. One is Russian and nice thing about it is that comments are enabled for each photo which gives mil buffs and idiots to comment on the content of the photos, like specific weapons, uniform ranks and bits of relevant history.

in one extreme example, not sure which forum, one epic thread, there was a photo of a girl in parts of Nazi uniform. Over several years of investigation, people located the actual place etc. and probably figured out who she was too.

Back
Top Bottom