A reminder, the Police have no responsibilty to protect individuals

Many folks are truly unaware of the fact the supreme court, years ago, ruled that the police have no responsibility to protect an individual, if they choose to, great, but you cannot rely on them being there and doing what the good lord instilled in every person, their own right to defend themselves. Since this is the case, why do we, as a nation, allow our most precious gifts of life to be herded into areas that have nothing more than sharpened pencils or brooms to defend them?
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1976377/posts

Police have no legal duty to respond and prevent crime or protect the victim. There have BEEN OVER 10 various supreme and state court cases the individual has never won. Notably, the Supreme Court STATED about the responsibility of police for the security of your family and loved ones is "You, and only you, are responsible for your security and the security of your family and loved ones. That was the essence of a U.S. Supreme Court decision in the early 1980's when they ruled that the police do not have a duty to protect you as an individual, but to protect society as a whole."

FLASH MOB! quick, everybody post it on their face book

ETA: you should post this over at the DU.

. [laugh]

+1 [wink]

so that explains why everytime i call for help, i get treated like the criminal. four guys trying to kick in my door, and its my fault!!!! i tried to do the "rite" thing... im just glad i didnt mention the g- word. holy f***.

Back
Top Bottom