• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

A question for those familiar with the Rem 870

I've been trying to help my cousin out with ideas for building out an 870 that he's owned for over 20 years. It's currently bone stock with a very long barrel. He is looking to trick it out a bit to make it more like what he used for the last 20 years on the CERT team/ corrections officer. He's found some cool furniture he likes, but wants to do something about the LONG barrel. I told him that the barrels are easy to change on those based on stuff I've read on here, but I don't own one myself so I don't have experience with what's actually available. He'd ideally like a muzzle brake, but would like it to be 18" total length (with a permed brake). My question is does such a thing exist, or would it have to be custom made? In worst case he could probably just get an 18" replacement with one of those screw in choke/brake combos, but minimum legal length is the goal. Any guidance or tips would be greatly appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom