A Great Shooting Weekend!

The Goose

NES Member
I ducked out early on Friday and hit the range. Then on Saturday I hooked up with Eddie Coyle for some plinking. Then to my amazement my wife asked if we could go shooting on Monday. My wife likes to shoot occasionally, but usually would rather just do her own thing while I go. Her main gun is a Beretta 9mm carbine with a red dot, and I mean that is her gun, she just loves it.

So today we packed up a picnic lunch and headed out to Shirley Rod & Gun Club and she was just on. She put about 200 rds down range with her Beretta and ended the afternoon shooting my Marlin 1894 .44 mag lever gun. She hit the steel plate at 50 yards ten times straight. Now she wants to dust off her Sig 239 9mm and S&W 637 and start working those again. We had a great afternoon.

Her Beretta
memday001.jpg

Looking Downrange
memday002.jpg

Some of her targets
memday003.jpg

She started out with the big targets, but note the little Shoot N C's
memday004.jpg

This was someone elses target, she only shot the one in the very middle
memday005.jpg

I also went out twice this weekend. My girl came, I gave her 500 rounds and my MK1 and she had a ball shooting everything! I took my new Mosin Nagant out and put 50 rounds through it. Also brought my cannon and put about 15 shots through that too, as once I pulled it out, that was all my friends wanted to do. I tried lining up 5 milk jugs full of water and putting a cannon slug through them. I wish I had video of that! Didn't put a hole in them, just literally blew them apart and made a huge cloud of pink mist! (red colored water) The second day me and a few friends shot about 250 clays. It was a good weekend to shoot!

It has got to be a great feeling having your best friend at the range with you. That club is one of my favorites too. Looks like you all had a blast.

Back
Top Bottom