A "GIRLS" stock on my AR?

OK, so I kinda feel like a dumb ass...... I took my AR into a local gun shop the other day with a question and I was promptly told by the guy behind the counter I had the " LADIES " stock on my AR and it should be replaced for the full size!

Now its not the end of my world, the stock came with the lower I purchased off the NES classifieds. But honestly I dont mind the shorter fit ( although I will be ordering the 1" pad for the stock to give me an extra 1/2" ) Any opinions? my build is DPMS lower w/ ACE "entry" skeleton stock and 16" Stag flat top upper

p.s. this is my second " stupid question " of the month on the general message board. I'm banning myself from further stupid questions until March.[smile]

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    234.4 KB · Views: 263
i have an ace entry stock on my ar.no one ever told me it was a ladies stock. i would rather the short stock instead of the full size stock.it is the same thing as the differance between a ford ranger and a full size ford truck.personal preferance and what you plan on using it for.guns and gun parts do not have a sexual gender either. lol

DRB, it's not a stupid question any more than it's a woman's stock. It's just smaller. Sell it to me when you replace it, I could use a good short stock.

Ask the questions now before you get a lot of money into things you're not sure about. People in here LOVE to tell you what you should do. LOL. Up to you to figure out who to listen to.

Exactly. Sounds to me like it was a lame attempt at an up-sell.

Looks like a damn fine build to me.

its funny, because its not something they sell! I'm not upset with the shop, as I understand a lot of shop guys seem very " opinionated " on the " right " way of doing things....... I was just surprised, as Ideally I thought it would be fun to have a shorter stock on my carbine and later build a full size 20" that would be set up with a full size stock.

so I dont need pink tassels hanging from my " ladies " stock?[smile]

Stupid questions = 0
Stupid saleperson = 1
NES advice = priceless - oh wait there is a price, and its pretty high!!!! at least the drain in my bank acoount seems to think so.

Come to the NES shoot next month and try out some others before you make up your mind. If the length of pull is good for you, then keep it. I like the look of it personally, but it would be short for me. Might be perfect for you.

The closest you can come to a "ladies" stock is the pink ones. Don't worry. Attacking zombies will not question your manhood if you shoot them with that.

After some reflection on why the shop keeper would say that, I can come to just one conclusion: I bet he had a full length A2 stock he couldn't seem to move.

What shop? So I won't buy anything from them..........

I dont want to openly bash anyone on the web, as I have recieved other very good advice from the same shop. Like I said before, most of the shops I've been to have at least some sort of " what I have, is the only thing worth having " kinda attitude. I honestly dont think they were trying to sell me anything, as I'm pretty sure they didnt have anything to replace it with.....

I built a rifle for my wife yesterday with the full length ace stock. Ladies stock my ass. Different stocks for different people, its all preference and body dimensions.

Nothing wrong with that stock at all. Shorter stock work well for a lot of things. I was once told a glock 23 is a girls gun and real men shoot glock 22's. I responded by asking if real men could not handle the additional felt recoil from the shorter grip and barrel?

Now if the stock was flaming pink.... It may be a girls stock.

ladies stock would have to at least have glitter on it, The only thing I could think of that may make a ladies stock is the toe of the butt pad slanted out away from the body a bit. Im a bit shocked they dont have a Womens ar stock that might fit the female body a bit different? I know the toe of the butt pad digs into me a bit.

It sounds like the dealer is just ballbusting you or giving you a hard time.

Even if it was a "ladies" stock, who cares? What matters is:

-Is it comfortable for you to shoot with that stock or not?

-Do you like it?

If you can answer "yes" to both of these, then it doesn't really matter much.

-Mike

All a matter of personal choice. I personally don't like A2 and prefer shorter stock. My favorite is the Sully stock with the extension pad (extension not on in this photo):

StagCarbine_fullright983.jpg

I suppose as long as you're shooting "men's" ammo through it, it shouldn't matter what kind of stock you're using. [wink]

I got two extra spacers for my CX4 because whenever I tried to sight a shot, my earmuff would get knocked off my right ear. If it's comfortable for you when you use it, it's the right one.

p.s. this is my second " stupid question " of the month on the general message board. I'm banning myself from further stupid questions until March.[smile]
Luckily, February is a short month [laugh]

Last edited:
its funny, because its not something they sell! [smile]
Maybe he wanted it in trade if he didn't sell it himself. Over the last week I am becoming more and more less interested in dealing with gun shops. The trend over the last week, IMO, is that some will be closing up shop and will start selling used cars shortly

Last edited:
My girlfriend has that stock on her rifle... [rolleyes]

But seriously, if the guy at the shop was being serious, he's a dumb ass. Then again, he might have just been pulling your chain.

Either way, the ACE stock is a fine stock, and if that size fits you best, then all the more power to you.

But we DO need to talk about the "Hello Kitty" sticker on the rifle case.

Back
Top Bottom