A frustrating mil surp week for me!

Just a little whining from me.... I found a unfired m59/66 with a sling on another forum for $300 and jumped on it ( my wife offered to buy it for me as an anniversary present ). Sent the payment out last Saturday via USPS priority mail with a USPS money order....

USPS has now lost the envelop and has nothing to offer! I now have to go through a internal affairs office to Ty and resolve this along with trying to hopefully cancel the money order ( for a fee of course ). I can only imagine how dealing with the internal affairs dept will go[rolleyes]. Sounds like my money will be tied up for a good long time in nowhere land

Just had to pm the seller telling him to offer it to the next in line.[frown]

Lesson learned I guess

I had this problem with the post office before. I bought a rifle an NES member. It took a week for the check to get from Nashua to Boston.
Now i pay the $20-25 for guaranteed overnight envelop. a lot of money but it comes with a signature and guarantee if it does not get there on time you get your $25 back.

it is worth the peace of mind

good luck with finding it.

That sucks.....

I'm always afraid of that happening. I usually pay for tracking for all my MO's for that exact reason. Hopefully you get it all settled quickly.

That sucks.....

I'm always afraid of that happening. I usually pay for tracking for all my MO's for that exact reason. Hopefully you get it all settled quickly.

Yup, Mailed in a priority flat rate envelop WITH tracking...... Says is left my home town last Saturday and the????? ............... Nothing, gone

does USPS admit that they lost it?

They opened a "formal inquiry" and have "no response" to its whereabouts ( their quotes ). Due to their "no response" I have to take it up with internal affairs and USPS formally washes their hands of the situation. This is just for the lost priority envelope, the USPS money order will be a whole different ordeal!

Hope it gets resolved, and another fair priced example comes your way. The M59/66's in good condition at $300 don't come around often.

So just a little FYI for everyone.....

USPS has lost a priority flat rate envelope that I paid $5.60 and a money order I paid them $1 for. They managed to loose the priority mail envelope ( with tracking ) and now are going to charge me $6 to check on the "status" of the USPS money order. "IF" it hasn't been cashed, I "MIGHT" get my money back, but NO SOONER THAN 60 days from the date the money order was purchased.

So I'm now paying the post office roughly $13 for them to loose and not deliver my mail AND keep my money for at least 60 days!

All this on top of missing out on a great SKS. ( keep an eye on gunboards as the seller will be resisting soon)

drb

Sorry to hear man... The post office is a terribly run organization full of government employees that make too much money and do too little work!

Sorry to hear man... The post office is a terribly run organization full of government employees that make too much money and do too little work!

Man, wish I had the money to loan you for the rifle!

That thought just occurred to me as well. But isn't it too late, as the SKS has been re-listed?

MS

No, he won't relist until Wednesday in case a miracle happens and it somehow shows up ( th priority mail envelope that is )

I just want everyone to know as I always "assumed" a USPS money or sent with a more expensive premium service like priority mail wouldn't be an issue

drb

At least you'll get your money back. One time I sent a business a $150 or so money order. They said they never got it. When I checked with the post office the money order had been cashed. The post office doesn't help in that situation, so hold on to your stubs. After threatening a small claim I finally got my product.

I've done a lot of mailing and receiving payments and items through the USPS and I haven't had a problem yet.

That sucks. I hope it works out for you in the end.

Back
Top Bottom