A few notes about P99C

I have been using sub compact pistols for over a year and took a few classes with P99C.
Overall my experience was great with it. In one class, I ran almost a thousand rounds in 11 hours without any lube/cleaning and the gun kept on ticking.
The only subcompact peculiar issues I encountered appear during reloading. The short grip makes it difficult to seat the magazine while stil maintaining a hold on the gun. I adopted the technique of keeping where my middle finger wrapped around the grip, while letting go with my pinkine and ring fingers. This allowes the pistol to remain in hand, while providing the space for to seat the magazine.
One handed manipulation also posed a challenge. In type I malfuctions, tap, rack, assess/bang is the generally taught norm. If running the pistol one handed, the tap part becomes a little trickier with sub compacts. Since the butt is short, and the magazine will oten times not extend beyond the pinky, I found extended magazine floorplates to be really helpful there. As a matter of fact, all the magazine on my P99C have extended floorplates. Usually, the one handed tap is done by tapping the butt on your thigh. However, because of such low clearance with the subcompact, I found it a little easier to tap it on my belt buckle, since it is protruding up.
The same applies to other sub compacts as well.

Andrew.

Back
Top Bottom