A Few Interesting Mosin Nagants

Well, I couldn't pass them up at a local auction.

1. Soviet M44 with early Chinese T53 import mark identification, and in Chinese stock. Possible Soviet aid to China during Korean War era, and surplussed to US in 1980's.
Jam-packed in cosmoline.

MOMrOTEl.jpg

T69v59ql.jpg

hfX4vgDl.jpg

qZaZFDgl.jpg

xsO2hivl.jpg

3jALATEl.jpg

PUK5r7Ql.jpg

qu420fgl.jpg

rrF9tXNl.jpg

Z4I67vTl.jpg

w2IjspEl.jpg

5haN9Z6l.jpg

gFAeROml.jpg

6yhxISbl.jpg

FDVSRJUl.jpg

2. Finnish M39 post-war rebuild. Stock was replaced on a barreled action which has almost no bluing left on the exposed metal (good bluing under handguard). Very odd to see the front action screw staked in place, and the SAKO built cocking piece.

YHWVU4Rl.jpg

OsS8UTal.jpg

BtwoYg0l.jpg

YVPn4aOl.jpg

CyKKaqel.jpg

Ca32jHhl.jpg

3mGpTaJl.jpg

aIQJNhLl.jpg

hDmWi6al.jpg

yPMt1sDl.jpg

jKniRYcl.jpg

08jn6U9l.jpg

zdcAoFrl.jpg

FhvMd1Dl.jpg

rbGFt7al.jpg

cC2JX7Hl.jpg

jCLm84ql.jpg

3. Hungarian M52 Sniper. Simply a gorgeous gun. These are uncommonly encountered and have no import marks. They came to the US via Vietnam bringback, or through Canada in the 1980's.

MfaswKsl.jpg

LQa7lQwl.jpg

patpXT7l.jpg

Qz9AqYsl.jpg

SBThkvtl.jpg

OVXOy9ql.jpg

j0BP8Fjl.jpg

uS5cx1Ql.jpg

JC4i0tEl.jpg

BD82f92l.jpg

7ZeCrgOl.jpg

ogU9Q1rl.jpg

7fJUWW5l.jpg

OxU956nl.jpg

Nn6NkN8l.jpg

3ml5MiTl.jpg

q11Riyxl.jpg

bAn0fVvl.jpg

slzRGrsl.jpg

FKxELmkl.jpg

6Poijaml.jpg

gKnxVvfl.jpg

oOqunVsl.jpg

p0hFBVol.jpg

kPPZlp4l.jpg

Xb8gsSvl.jpg

A2XsmdCl.jpg

r8NDhfql.jpg

APZJ7Acl.jpg

4vjBJT6l.jpg

Nice finds. How rare is a staked Finnish action screw? I think my B barrel one has that also; I'll need to check later

All very nice. Unfortunate placement of the import mark on that carbine. I like when they do it near the end of the barrel.

The sniper looks amazing.

That Hungarian is cool as hell!

Looks like someone tried to "shine" that fin......what a shame but still a cool rifle.

- - - Updated - - -

All very nice. Unfortunate placement of the import mark on that carbine. I like when they do it near the end of the barrel.

The sniper looks amazing.

Agreed on the import stamp. I have an M38 (my favorite mosin) that has the stamp on the side of the receiver. Right on the top is a shame.

- - - Updated - - -

I have to ask......what did you get them for at auction?

That Hungarian is cool as hell!

Looks like someone tried to "shine" that fin......what a shame but still a cool rifle.

Agreed on the import stamp. I have an M38 (my favorite mosin) that has the stamp on the side of the receiver. Right on the top is a shame.

I have to ask......what did you get them for at auction?

Without going into specifics, the price for these three and three other Imperial era gems was "enough". But to say that on a very good auction day, the Hungarian might bring over $2,000, and I could recoup most of my investment. Not for sale at this time, though!

It's actually not unusual to find Finnish guns with extensive loss of bluing. But most such examples would be considered non-refurbished. It is a bit odd to see a refurbished one which didn't receive a re-blue.

As you can see by the storage grease, this one wasn't cleaned or shined after import. And with the staked action screw, I won't be breaking it down to clean the cosmoline.

P9rndLZl.jpg

QO3MoM4l.jpg

l23FGX9l.jpg

Back
Top Bottom