• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

a few CZ52 rifles spotted

AT the Cabelas down in hartford. They where in the 350.00 range. (call before taking my word on it.) In the used gun racks. there where a few there this last week. (2-3)
Something you don't see much anymore. (Unless they have been imported again?)

I saw one down there a few weeks ago. Not in the best of shape, but seemed functional. It was fun seeing people pick it up and wonder what the hell it was. I paid $299 for mine a few years ago, but it was in much better shape. I recently scored a rare cleaning kit on Gunbroker, so now it feels complete. I may have to bring it to the Pumpkin shoot.

Toughest thing, of course, is getting ammo for it, if it's in the original 7.62 x 45 configuration - sources are few and far between. But overall - a neat and collectible gun.

I particularly like the original caliber guns because the Czech's held out against the Soviet Union for five years, while being STRONGLY urged to adopt the M43 (7.63x39) round used in AK-47's. It's always neat when the little guy gives the big guy the finger....

I've got one - wish I had held out for one of the 7.63x39 ones. I still have some ammo left for it, and I don't want to put a chamber insert in - not a setup I'd trust.

Maybe I'll run across one someday - not like I have a shortage of stuff to shoot.

I have had one for about 5 years with the chamber insert. I have put more than 200 rounds threw her with no problems.

CZ 52

I had three, just sold one that I had posted on NES. I have one in the original caliber and the second in 7.62x39 which is not a sleeve conversion. They are getting hard to find that is for sure. There is a place to buy ammo but sorry due to NES rules I cant post it.

They are a very interesting rifle. Most folks think it is some sort of SKS prototype or something when ever I take it to the range. Last one I saw on Gun Broker went for $475 and it was in nice shape, well the pictures looked good. If you reload there are die sets out there as well. Given the outcome of the election many folks may want to start reloading. The cost of EVERYTHING is going thru the roof.

Back
Top Bottom