• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

9x19....MIA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I went to Raynham Walwmart, Bellingham Walmart, North Attleboro Walmart, C&F guns, North East traders, Dick's in North Attleboro, Bay state traders, and Silver city firearms....NO 9mm!!!!! I just want to shoot y Sig! WTF!!!!!

Really? Another one? Why do you guys feel like you need to tell everybody else that there's no ammo out there. It's not like we're all shooters here, and have the same problem.

Really? Another one? Why do you guys feel like you need to tell everybody else that there's no ammo out there. It's not like we're all shooters here, and have the same problem.

Well, you are an ass

An ammo shortage is the perfect time to put money toward a reloading press and accessories.

There is a decent amount in my area if you are willing to get scalped, which I am not. Fortunately I have a decent amount, but I am reluctant to waste it at this point if I can't easily and reasonably replace it.

Well, you are an ass
So wait, you open the 635th thread about ammo shortage, and I'm the ass? Type in "shortage" into the search, and it'll come up with 34 quadrizillion answers, but you feel an intense need to let us all know that there is no 9 mil available, so you just open a new thread, and I'm the ass? ROFL.

So wait, you open the 635th thread about ammo shortage, and I'm the ass? Type in "shortage" into the search, and it'll come up with 34 quadrizillion answers, but you feel an intense need to let us all know that there is no 9 mil available, so you just open a new thread, and I'm the ass? ROFL.

Why, is 9mm hard to find right now?

Follow Four Seasons on twitter and check the ammunition forum. Four Seasons had 100 round 9mm value packs for 37 bucks for most of last week 2 box limit.

Went to gunshop today, no 9mm, good amount of .40 and .45 (I guess.) Went to Walmart later, practically NOTHING. Everything but a few target 12g. loads was bare.

I'm in the same boat, don't want to squander any 9. And honestly, don't want to buy any back above $15/50 box.

I have heard that the airgun and pellet market has become more active due to all this. Guess I'd better buy some more tins of .22 pellets before they're gone too. [laugh]

well, I'm going to start a thread how life sucks and then you die ... how will people survive when there is a real shortage of important supplies?

well, may be instead of shooting sig you could buy a Glock, swap slide and shoot a .40 or find a friend who loads 9mm. Plenty of brass and bullets for that who stocked up in better times. Have guns in different calibers?

The ammo shortage sucks big time. Since this is a gun board, I don't see what the issue is with "venting" threads?

Even if you are well stocked, if you enjoy shooting, these are awful times :(

Well, you are an ass

Well Joos I'm with Frenchman on this and I guess I am an ass too. We know there is an ammo shortage but it's the man-baby thing to "share" and cry.

Frenchman really is a Frenchman and really served in the Foreign Legion. I'm a professional soldier by trade now retired, but I pale in comparison to what he did, he was a real soldier in places you probably never heard of that were former French Colonies that asked France for help with local insurgent problems. Stuff that just doesn't make the news here. He knows all about shortages; food, ammo, air support and things you can't even imagine. He won't tell you this stuff because he is a modest man.

I was up at Riley's and Shooters Outpost today. Yes ammo is in short supply and expensive. Your point? Need 9mm, start reloading or begin to acquire firearms in other calibers as well, and don't bother telling us something we already know.

BTW I saw 9mm on the shelves today and bought some two weeks ago at Blue Northern. It's out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
That's nothing. I've seen Federal bulk 100 pack going for $60 dollars on gunbroker. And that seems to be average price right now. $.60 per pop. that makes 37 cents sound like a real bargain.

I offered the OP 200 rounds of WWB as a kind gesture so he could go shooting. I told him 80 bucks and he returned my PM saying it was stupid expensive. Pretty sure I paid like 76 bucks with tax for it. I rounded up because it's easier to do monetarily and I was willing to drive to meet him. Oh well.

Unless 10 million or more rounds of 9mm were to hit the market and drive the price down, there is not going to be any available soon at anything near reasonable. The manufacturers know this, the distributors know this and the end retailers know this so there is very little incentive to make any quantity available, even if they could, their all make big money right now and this goes for many different calibers. The stupidity frenzy needs to stop and people need to want to drive the price down by curbing the demand, let the shelves fill back up and let the ammo sit, it needs to go viral where everyone takes 3 months off from buying/shooting and drive the supply up.

with how i go on and on about brass rats you should have seen me being one at the range yesterday. shot 300 rounds of drgrant's .45 ACP along with a few other NESers, and we made damn sure we got him 300 rounds of the same brass out of the buckets and off the ground. sometimes the brass was still hot from whichever gun fired it. i rarely feel shame like that.

Unless 10 million or more rounds of 9mm were to hit the market and drive the price down, there is not going to be any available soon at anything near reasonable. The manufacturers know this, the distributors know this and the end retailers know this so there is very little incentive to make any quantity available, even if they could, their all make big money right now and this goes for many different calibers. The stupidity frenzy needs to stop and people need to want to drive the price down by curbing the demand, let the shelves fill back up and let the ammo sit, it needs to go viral where everyone takes 3 months off from buying/shooting and drive the supply up.
I haven't bought ANY ammo or reloading supplies at a store or online since last November. I don't know how much less I can make my demand. From what I'm hearing, not too many people are buying much if any ammo. So where's the demand coming from? I would like to buy some .22LR, I haven't seen that in a store in months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom