• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

9mm major

Ok....What are you guys using for bullets, what wieght? Powder? Grains? Overall length?

Think I may be building a Retro open class gun so I can join all the fun you fellers are having.....................

Results vary with the gun set up. My load (please don't try this) is 8.3gr of HS6 with a 125gr zero JHP loaded to 1.165" with WSR primers and Win or RP brass. It chronoed at 172pf (1376 avg fps) at the Nationals a couple weeks ago. Another guy in my squad had to load 8.8gr of HS6 to get the same. My barrel is a full 5" with no holes in it and his was a shorty with a couple holes. Both guns ran flawless.

Other powders are VV3n37, PowerPistol, 7625, Longshot, TruBlue, or Silhouette. People are using 115s now too.

Thanks Steve, I was thinking about 115's but I dont need to go that far. I may want to try a 130gr bullet and work a load around that. I want to chrono around the same as you did 170-172........

Now...where did I stash my scope............

Hamar,

Here's my load ~ 172.5 PF

8.1grs 3N37. (yes - it's compressed)
125gr JHP .356 Zero
Wincester Small Rifle Primers.
OAL = 1.165"

As with all load development - start low and work up.

In my primary gun (Bedell Shorty w/AET .355 Schumann barrel) the .356 125JHPs run great and are a tac driver.

In my back up gun (Bedell Shoty w/KKM .355 barrel) I have been having problems with copper rings - Dan Bedell insists it's because I am using .356 bullets in a .355 barrel and that I may need a bigger bell on my case.
So with that I'd advise using .355 bullets.

A ton of info can be found at the BE Forums
http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showforum=72

Last edited:
My load,

Caspian wide body
9mm shorty ( 4.5" )
Aet barrel
STI trubore comp
no holes

8.3 HS-6 w/124 zero or Montana Gold 172 PF @ 2004 area 7
i usually shoot 8.3 which gives me a compfy 167 PF

OAL is 1.170"

8.1 win 540
zero 125 JHP
win sm rifle primer
win once fired brass
oal 1.165

hi cap caspian
5" kkm no holes 3port comp
av vol 1356
pf 169.5

so far so good
Chris

Thanks for the head start guys. This info gives me an idea where to start. I hope to start building my own 9mm squirt gun by friday!

batteries, gotta put batteries in the shooting bag.......................Cant forget spare batteries.

Back
Top Bottom