• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

9mm AR muzzle device help needed

MEB

NES Member
Howdy y'all,

I'm reaching out to the brain trust because I need some help. I have a 9mm AR rifle threaded in 1/2x28.

I am having difficulty finding a thread protector (what I want on this build) that has a thru diameter large enough for a 9mm bullet. Most devices in this thread are for 5.56.

I reached out to one company who recommended I bore out their device to fit, but I don't like that route. Having it done and refinished by a smith is OK.

Perhaps I wasn't searching correctly. Most of my results turned up devices for pistols threaded in 1/2x28.

Thanks for your help!

That was quick lol.

OP what upper/mag combo did you use?
My 9mm upper is a YHM, I have the 25 round stick mags from them as well. Its pretty dam quiet too. I havent fired .223 in so long its not funny, I have more fun with the 9mm!

That was very quick! The infinite products thread protector looks like the best match.

I have a Lone Wolf G9 rifle. Haven't even fired it yet. Loved my last PCC tho!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you, everyone, for your advice.

If it helps to clarify, the style of thread protector I had my sights on also protects the crown of the barrel. That's why I am concerned about the thru diameter.

IMG_2774.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom