92fs inox question

So after a few years in NH I picked up what I remembered as my favorite gun in mass. A Beretta 92inox. When did Beretta change stuff on it. The rear sight was definitely white. The grips I think are different and the frame looks glittery and kinda gay.

Is this the new norm or did I get me a fancy I talian one?

Here's an example of a 1992 one up for sale - all matching parts but the rear sight is still black. https://www.gunbroker.com/item/781836558

I don't think they ever did the rear sight in white/stainless on the standard inox, though they did on the Brigadier model - Beretta 92FS BRIG INOX 9mm 15RD.

The beadblasting/finish has definitely varied over the years.

Post a pic!

AH. I've mostly seen white dots on the rear sights as well, but the 1992 one in that GB ad for sure has red dots on the rear sight. I really think it depends on the year and specific model. How glittery is the finish on your slide? They're usually pretty much matte.

AH. I've mostly seen white dots on the rear sights as well, but the 1992 one in that GB ad for sure has red dots on the rear sight. I really think it depends on the year and specific model. How glittery is the finish on your slide? They're usually pretty much matte.
The slide is matte but the frame is pretty shiny I'll post a pic in a little bit. It's just different from the MD made one I bought like 3 years ago

Yeah, that's a less-fine texture on the frame than I'm used to on the inoxes. Slide looks typical but the frame's usually got about as fine a texture as the slide (they are sometimes subtly different in color since one's steel and the other's anodized aluminum).

That frame texture does seem to match some of the new ones for sale on GB - also Italian - so I guess that's the look now.

Yes the new Italian ones have a strange color frame I describe it as having almost a grayish green tinge to it. It has to do with the anodizing process. And as far as sights, they have had several different options over the years, not sure if there is any rhyme or reason why some get one and others get others. There is a pretty good Beretta 90 series library here: 2.2 Beretta 92 Series Pistols (Includes 96/98) - FAQs and Facts - Beretta Forum

The Brigardier shown has night sites. The Inox always got the red dots due to the contrast against the molded in SS front sight. Blue/Black gets the two or three white dots.

The Brigardier shown has night sites. The Inox always got the red dots due to the contrast against the molded in SS front sight. Blue/Black gets the two or three white dots.

Always the rear or always contrast front/rear?

SOLD - PRICE DROP !!! Beretta 92FS Inox, 9mm. Made in Italy. Brand new holster included.

That one has red front, white rear. OP said he had one with white for all (jkelly, you sure?). I know some inox Vertecs at least shipped with all white dots, but with the removable front site, perhaps Beretta thought differently about it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom