8mm Mauser

pj150

NES Member
Has anyone come across any milsurp 8mm Mauser locally? I've seen a few packaged Priv Parisian at 4 seasons but was wondering if there was any elsewhere I can get in bulk. Online sources seems to be dry.

I don't have the rifle yet but I am anxiously counting the days before I can go pick it up. Will post pics once I have in my possession. I'll keep the woodpile theme going.

I shoot 198 GR FMJ from Hansen Cartridge Co. The stuff is not milsurp but is great and you can reload it. The number on my box is HCC857A and cost me about .70 per round new. You will love shooting the rifle it is an awsome weapon. I get my ammo at State Line Gun Shop in Mason NH.

Joe

8x57 has pretty much dried up. I would sell you a few bandoliers if you make the drive. PM me if interested. JP

I have a couple hundred rounds of Yugo 8mm that doesn't go well in my 98/22 I can part with. Let me know if your interested.

I know of one sealed can locally of Romainian Surplus non corossive but i will be picking that up for myself. I may be looking to sell off half of the can in the near future tho

8mm ammo

For new 8mm I have gotten 'Hot Shot' at the Hunter's Rendevous in Weymouth, about $15/box. Normal shooting I use Yugoslavian surplus; I picked up 20 boxes of 15 at $5/box at the Hanson show, 1970's vintage. It's corrosive, but just clean properly.

Tim

For new 8mm I have gotten 'Hot Shot' at the Hunter's Rendevous in Weymouth, about $15/box. Normal shooting I use Yugoslavian surplus; I picked up 20 boxes of 15 at $5/box at the Hanson show, 1970's vintage. It's corrosive, but just clean properly.

Tim

Some people claim the Hotshot ammo is dirty but it shoots ok to me and doesn't seem anymore dirty than surplus ammo.

I use it in my Hakim because its non-corrosive.

if i remember right all the Serb ammo( privi, hotshot, seller) comes from the same factory but there all different levels of quality.

Not really! I use Igman, Prvi. Sellior is Czech. Hot shot is the bottom of the barrel, but the others are great. jp

Romanian 8mm

In August I bought a spam can of 380 rounds Romanian 8mm at the Marlboro gun show. Turns out it was from 1977. All I can say is that it was...cheap...26 cents a round. The Romanian ammo has a bimetallic case and a shellac coating. These cases did not cycle as cleanly as the all brass Yugoslavian, and the shellac formed an orangy goo on the muzzle and inside the receiver as it melted. It also takes me nearly 30 patches to fully clean up after 40 rounds, in addition to special cleaning steps in light of the corrosive primer. The latest batch of Yugo 8mm I got at the Holyoke show cost me 33 cents a round for the 300 (20 boxes), and was from 1978. Over the summer I was shooting 1984 Yugo ammo at $9.25/box from the Middleboro gun shop. Now I wait until a gun show and drop $100 on a spam can if I can get it, or boxed Yugo.

T

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom