• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

88 Tons of Donated U.S. Ammo Arrives in Ukraine

Rockrivr1

NES Member
Hummmm. Could cupcake Joe actually be making a stand against Russia?

The U.S. Embassy in Kyiv this week announced that about 88 tons of ammunition from the U.S. arrived in Ukraine at the direction of President Biden.

The delivery, shown being unloaded from a Kalitta Air 747 cargo carrier that flight trackers detailed arrived on Nov. 14 after a stop the day before at Dover Air Force Base in Delaware, included pallets of green ammo cans.

"Ukraine received today the delivery of approximately 80,000 kilos of ammunition from the United States," noted the embassy. "It was the fourth shipment made by the United States as part of $60 million in additional security assistance directed to Ukraine by President Biden in August, a demonstration of U.S. commitment to the success of a stable, democratic, and free Ukraine. The United States has given more than $2.5 billion in security assistance to Ukraine since 2014."

Other recent munition runs included 100 tons of ammo announced Oct. 17 and 95 tons of mixed ammo and medical gear on Oct.10.

I dunno... 88 tons of ammo doesn't seem like all that much...What's a pallet weigh? In my biz, they're roughly 1 ton. and I'd imagine ammo is about twice as heavy. 44-88 Pallets of ammo sounds like "go away" gift.

Yeaaa, so looks like there was never a covid ammo shortage huh? The gubmint was hoarding it the whole time lol. What ever happened to the DHS buying up close to 2 BILLION rounds of hollow points during the Obama years? Anyone ever look into that?

Yeaaa, so looks like there was never a covid ammo shortage huh? The gubmint was hoarding it the whole time lol. What ever happened to the DHS buying up close to 2 BILLION rounds of hollow points during the Obama years? Anyone ever look into that?

There never was an ammo shortage. There were panicky consumers buying things out of fear induced by the media and groupthink. No branch of government buys up .30-06 hunting ammo or 12-gauge pheasant loads or .22LR plinking ammo.

The lack of ammo and guns on the consumer market in 2020 and 2021... was created by consumers.

There never was an ammo shortage. There were panicky consumers buying things out of fear induced by the media and groupthink. No branch of government buys up .30-06 hunting ammo or 12-gauge pheasant loads or .22LR plinking ammo.

The lack of ammo and guns on the consumer market in 2020 and 2021... was created by consumers.
Idk about you

But a shortage to me is when something i want drastically goes up in price or becomes hard to find

Regardless of why it happens...

Although I have been stockpiling, and have not been to the range in some time. This was NOT mine, I cannot take credit for this.
Besides, I probably only have about 30-40 tons. 88 tons is a chunk.

So let me get this straight: Biden blocks $100M of military ait to Ukraine in June to appease Putin. He then slashes the 100M aid approved by Congress by 40%. Who's the Putin lapdog really?

Anyone who doesn't think Biden* will turn around and
slip the GPS coordinates of the ammo dump to Russia -
raise your hand...

(As if Russia hasn't been tracking it with all manner of assets
from the time it left our warehouses
).

Truth be told, I was paying 50 cents a box of 50 rounds in the mid to late 70s. Sometimes I could buy a 500 round brick for less than $5
Yep, those little card paper boxes. When "plinking" was king...

bbmkVM7zlS5KL9gzbd418DVjdqRynaWVthm6BGBh1tVEh6RD6b6qeOKOQ3SxpoAZyXLgudul8-RlQPJwFIA1BPr2nO4peu7LW8DYLm0Q4FOygX45opWhtLo
aa93dbb2aaceefe57b745da2d902dc1c.jpg

There are some good posts on the r/army sub on Reddit from some guys in the Ukraine that have been fighting Russia for a while now.

The questions they ask would be slap worthy from a US army private, but these are kids that received almost no training before heading to the front line. Stuff like “how do I adjust the sights on my rifle? How do I work my NVGs?”

One guy has been posting for a while and it’s been cool watching him turn from a cherry into a battle hardened troop.

Back
Top Bottom