7.65mm pistol collection; #9 and complete

majspud

NES Life Member
NES Member
Traded my second Sauer 38H today for a similar condition FN 10/22 with two magazines.

Matching numbers, good bore, plain wood grips, WaA140 proofed, 6 digit no suffix SN second variation, so an earlier one; c. early 1942.

The wheel is complete. No more pistols planned save for a M1911A1 and/or a P38 down the road.

MS

Last edited:
The wheel is complete. No more pistols planned....
MS

Congrats... that is a very nice M1922.

But is the 32 circle really complete? You need a Dreyse 1907, Savage 1907, Savage 1917, Ruby, Beholla, Frommer Stop, Remington 51, Stock, FN 1910 and an Ortgies. You are only half way there! :)

Last edited:
You are only half what there! :)

I intended the collection to be German or German-occupied production pieces. The M35 Beretta slipped in as the 4UT I had intended as it had capture papers, and the Colt as it has verbal WWII provenance. I can see myself with a Dreyse before an Ortgies, but I have room for only one more pistol and I think it has to be a M1911A1 or P38.

MS

Last edited:
He meant to say "one from each manufacturer and of every year/code combination", beginning with a HP.

@majspud
That's a nice looking start. There are plenty more models out there and you know you want them.

I intended the collection to be German or German-occupied production pieces.

MS

When I first started collecting milsurps, I intended on only collecting the main battle rifle from the 6 major countries during WWII. If I had remained true to my intentions, my collection would only have 6 guns and that is it. I think we have all experienced the collection creep phenomenon :)

Last edited:
When I first started collecting milsurps, I intended on only collecting the main battle rifle from the 6 major countries during WWII. If I had remained true to my intentions, my collection would only have 6 guns and that is it. I think we have all experienced the collection creep phenomenon :)

This, my wife kindly reminds me of this all the time..... Hell, I got my LTC becuase I wanted 1 shotgun and "MAYBE" a pistol [rofl]

Back in '97, when I had a 9mm, a .357 a .45, a K98k, a.308 semi auto, a Swede and a .308 bolt action
I said to myself "Now you've got everything you need". Couldn't have been more wrong[rofl]

As I have been to Juergen's "armory" I can vouch for how wrong he was!!!! This is funny. I never expected to see the collection this man has. it was worth the flight to Germany in itself!!

My order from Numrich came today. I picked up a cheap Danish military FN22 holster, and another magazine. The somewhat ratty one was actually toast; it looks almost modified to fit, and was cracked along the spine. The first load of 8 rounds I put in it shot right up and out all over the kitchen - took a while to find them all. The new magazine is the one on the left.

I do have a repro set of black plastic FN grips coming, but am not sure if I will keep them. At twice what I paid, I have found an original set of black grips; if I have to settle for black...

MS

Last edited:
I don't know if my 7.65 pistol collection will ever be complete. There are so many fun German specimens.

I just posted 6 milsurp pistols on gunbroker to make room (monetary and space) to enhance the collection of wartime 32's.

I might have to get a Dreyse; I know where there are 3...but I really need some .30-06 to Keep the Americans happy.

I tried to shoot the pistol Saturday, but found out it only went 'click'. Turned out I hadn't noticed there was no 'pin' on the end of firing pin. I brought it back to the store and they are taking care of it. I returned the new Numrich black grips and got an original set out of Poland. Hopefully the two will come to me about the same time in a week or so, and we can try again at the range...

MS

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom