67 DAYS AND STILL WAITING- LYNN=UPDATE

Submitted LTC renewal application on January 17, 2013 (EXPIRATION 03/11/13)

Was told they were running 4-6 weeks

Called Lynn PD on 03/06/13 was told they are waiting on State

Called Dept. of Criminal Justice Information Services was told it must be at city level,
When I told them local Pd said it was stuck at the State level, they told me it must be at the State Police and not them.

Has anyone else renewed recently in Lynn?

How long a wait?

I have never had any problems in the past, don't want to be a pest, but I'm hoping it hasn't got LOST SOMEWHERE!

I know they are suppose to give an answer within 40 days from acceptance of application, but do I really want to make "waves" with the issuing authority?

STILL WAITING

Last edited:
You are not alone. Many applicants are having the same problems all over the state. It doesn't matter if it's a new or renewal...they all have to go through the same process. Being in the 'system' doesn't speed anything up.

My take is that there isn't much we can do. I don't think the system was ever meant to handle to volume they have now, so they are overwhelmed. You'll hear many say it's a load of BS that it is stuck at State, but we've seen too many people posting with this reply from their local PD's to ignore it. Sounds like the MSP are truly overwhelmed and taking forever.

Submitted LTC renewal application on January 17, 2013 (EXPIRATION 03/11/13)

Was told they were running 4-6 weeks

Called Lynn PD on 03/06/13 was told they are waiting on State

Called Dept. of Criminal Justice Information Services was told it must be at city level,
When I told them local Pd said it was stuck at the State level, they told me it must be at the State Police and not them.

Has anyone else renewed recently in Lynn?

How long a wait?

I have never had any problems in the past, don't want to be a pest, but I'm hoping it hasn't got LOST SOMEWHERE!

I know they are suppose to give an answer within 40 days from acceptance of application, but do I really want to make "waves" with the issuing authority?

STILL WAITING

THE WAIT IS OVER!!!!

75 DAYS- got a call from PD was told "Your license is in" and I could pick it up during Regular business hours

Couldn't get there fast enough.

GLAD THAT IS OVER!

DOWNWIND

MrJones79
I don't think the system was ever meant to handle to volume they have now, so they are overwhelmed.

The volume has reduced by more than 50% over the last 10 years and the price has gone up to 100$ from 40$. It's not a volume thing, it is lack of funding and proper staffing at all levels.

I will admit that when I last got my renewal call to pick it up there were about 50 envelope packages on that desk, just in from the state in that morning delivery.

I still have 5 1/2 years before I need to renew. Hopefully there will be ammo by then [thinking]

Back
Top Bottom