• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

$600 Springfield Armory M1 Garand in NES Classified

I didn't see the blue sky import on my small screen. The stock looks like it has some nice grain to it. Front hand guard looks over sized. Might just be the angle of the picture. Well lets just say its better priced than any M1 in A LGS.
If he was closer I would be tempted to at least check it out. I could use some parts.

I've sorta claimed it...

It looks like a pretty solid gun. As a bit of free guidance though, make sure you check the muzzle erosion (ME) with a gauge (or at least a .30 cal round). Those Blue Sky imports were repatriated from S. Korea, and are not CMP guns. You should check the ME, the depth of the import mark stamp, and see if the barrel has been counterbored.

It is not as collectible or valuable as non-import marked rifles (or even other import marked rifles), but I have run into dozens of Blue Sky M1 Garands and Carbines and the great majority of them are fine shooters.

"Blue Sky" imports are still, as said above 100% USGI guns, just be aware they have not been checked, repaired or rearsenaled like the CMP guns. Also there a lots of documented cases of the Blue Sky import mark struck so heavily that it ovaled the barrel in the area of the stamp. If the stamp looks light this is not an issue but well worth checking. At the very worst you may need to rebarrel. At the best you have a genuine USGI gun at a great price.....

Back
Top Bottom