52 SKS non refurb

40 caliber

NES Member
Well I really am a purist when it comes to my nonrefurb SKSs but this time a I made an exception. I had the opportunity to pick up this one. she is all matching and definitely a non refurb.. a very nice gun. It does look however like some owner along the way touched up the stock just a little around the cartouches.

The spots on the stock in the last picture are actually melting snowflakes [grin]

it is a beautiful example with a great shine . This is really no matter as the price was right and was more in the realm of refurbed SKS than nonrefurb. These SKSs in general are really going for stupid money compared to just 3 years ago. for that reason, I took her home...I am a sucker for a Russian SKS..... enjoy...

Last edited:
Where do you guys find nice SKS's? I've thought about buying one but every one I see looks like it was used to dig the hole it was buried in, buried, dug up, dragged behind a pickup truck and then towed behind the boat from Russia or China to the US.

Where do you guys find nice SKS's? I've thought about buying one but every one I see looks like it was used to dig the hole it was buried in, buried, dug up, dragged behind a pickup truck and then towed behind the boat from Russia or China to the US.

I have not seen a Russian one at a gun show or even LGS at any price for years. you gotta look a little further

I'd call that a 'light refurb', if at all. It really looks crisp. And the '52 is one of the more difficult years to find in that condition.

Nice score.

Back
Top Bottom