50 AE

That'll be a tough one Jay, and if you DO find factory ammo, it's gonna CO$T!
Do you reload? I just got a S&W 500 Mag and reloadng for these large calibers is a must unless you are independently wealthy.
A good press can be gotten for real cheap (or even free, Thanks again One-eye-Jack) and components will cost a small fraction of what factory loaded ammo will.
The savings is unbelieveable.

I do not reload at this time, guess it is a must in the future
If you pan on shooting that thing much, then yeah.
I've been loading for years. It is fun and I like to be able to tailor the loads to my guns. This is especially important for USPSA competition at the higher levels.
Reloading is not hard or too expensive to get into. Ask around, I'm sure that there are shooters close to you that would be happy to show you how to get started.
I'll be the first to step up if you're ever in the Millbury area. I have both single stage and progressive reloaders set up at all times so demonstrations are a breeze. As a matter of fact, I demonstrated for my wife the other day the process I got through to reload the 500 mag. At the end her comment was "All that just for ONE SHOT?" [shocked]

She'd be more shocked if she saw the price for a single box of high end CorBon factory loads. [laugh]

Jay,

Thinking about action express on an AR upper? [smile]

But back to the question, I was down in Attleboro over the weekend and I stopped at Northeast Trading Co. Very nice shop! As I was picking up some ammo I looked up and right there in my eyes were boxes of .50 AE, did not look at the cost, but sure made me smile when I took one out to show my daughter.. she even had a smile and asked me when I was going to get into that for the collection.

Jay,

Thinking about action express on an AR upper? [smile]

But back to the question, I was down in Attleboro over the weekend and I stopped at Northeast Trading Co. Very nice shop! As I was picking up some ammo I looked up and right there in my eyes were boxes of .50 AE, did not look at the cost, but sure made me smile when I took one out to show my daughter.. she even had a smile and asked me when I was going to get into that for the collection.

no i bought the 50ae in the classifieds, now i think reloading is going to be my answer[smile]more money

Back
Top Bottom