50,000 Names (Carved In The Wall)

Very touching indeed. Everyone should take the time to view the "traveling wall" when it's in their area.

From the map at the end, it raises an interesting question in my mind. I wonder if the 50K names includes those that were KIA "in places that the US wasn't"? Talking to some senior ROs at one of my clubs, some served in Countries where the US officially wasn't there, as part of the Vietnam War. Hopefully, they haven't been forgotten.

Very touching indeed. Everyone should take the time to view the "traveling wall" when it's in their area.

From the map at the end, it raises an interesting question in my mind. I wonder if the 50K names includes those that were KIA "in places that the US wasn't"? Talking to some senior ROs at one of my clubs, some served in Countries where the US officially wasn't there, as part of the Vietnam War. Hopefully, they haven't been forgotten.

I tend tend to avoid it in favor of a trip to DC and an hour or two at the real one; enough strangers get to see me crying there. As for those "other places", one of which I visited briefly on several occasions, some people are listed and some aren't, depending on the circumstances and vagaries of politics and "plausible deniability".

Ken

Thanks Ross. Those darn allergies hit. I hadn't seen that one before.
At some point in my life I do want to go to WA DC to see the wall.

IAs for those "other places", one of which I visited briefly on several occasions, some people are listed and some aren't, depending on the circumstances and vagaries of politics and "plausible deniability".
It ended what, 35 years ago? Can't we honor those who fell even where they weren't supposed to be YET??

Just seems wrong that we can't. [frown]

It ended what, 35 years ago? Can't we honor those who fell even where they weren't supposed to be YET??

Just seems wrong that we can't. [frown]

Ross, you know it is still too political there. We still haven't gotten all the answers we need as to what happened to all of the POW's.
There's also this thing dpending on what some of the missions were probably the 100 year rule comes into play.
Just like I can't tell you everything that we did on the site we worked at in Berlin.

They should all be honored for their sacrifices. If where they fell/disappeared is classified, then location can be just noted as "classified".

Regardless, they need to be recognized as the heroes they were.

halfmast.gif

Back
Top Bottom