5 Things People Say They Can or Would do in a Survival Situation and Why They Won’t

BostonVI

NES Member
Eat Cat Food

This is the only one that I have seen someone do in the 3rd world, back in the day I saw an old dude eating cat food on the side of the road in Cambodia. Lord knows if he was actually starving or just a crazy hobo who ate handfuls of Meow Mix between bouts of yelling at mailboxes.

The big difference between some dude in Cambodia eating cat food and you Mr. Joe USA digging into a can of Liver and Kibbles cat chow is the Cambodian dude has been eating fried spiders for snacks since he was six years old.

Easily one of my favorite blogs!

http://www.deathvalleymag.com/2013/05/10/urban-survival-the-5-things/#more-8737

Mildly humorous, totally worthless. Based on his implications, if the SHTF, you should set your house on fire and then shoot yourself in the head.

My takeaway from reading that is rob and kill anyone you see before they do it to you.

Back growing up there was a kid at my bus stop that occasionally showed up with a packet of tender vittles. I think at the time, I was thinking "What the... ****?"

wat8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
"Veteran Civilian Contractor"

I forget exactly what he said, but Atmay and I were talking about one of these once... and I think the phrase that came up during said conversation was something like "I think the last time that guy worked as a "contractor", it involved being on a roof somewhere."

-Mike

Cat food made me think of this ...
Best video I could find
[video=youtube_share;LzkGKw6JHdM]http://youtu.be/LzkGKw6JHdM[/video]

Found this made me laugh out loud for real.
[video=youtube_share;y3TQmCTWFbg]http://youtu.be/y3TQmCTWFbg[/video]

I forget exactly what he said, but Atmay and I were talking about one of these once... and I think the phrase that came up during said conversation was something like "I think the last time that guy worked as a "contractor", it involved being on a roof somewhere."

-Mike

And it wasn't exactly in Fallujah with a rifle, either [laugh]

I would eat a cat before I ate cat food. They taste like chicken.

I hear they taste a lot like Chinese food...

I draw the line at eating raw bugs/insects... Cooked, with a bit of seasonings, almost anything can be eaten. As long it's not poisonous that is. I also won't eat what came out of the south facing end of a north bound animal...

Not counting when I was rather little I have tried cat food twice. I use it to bait skunks. It was one of those I wonder what it tastes like moments. Popped open the can and had a taste before I throw the can in the trap. Both times it tasted rather gross but it wasn't the good quality stuff with the real meat either. Walmart not Fancy Feast. I don't know why I tried it the second time. That was dumb.

Not counting when I was rather little I have tried cat food twice. I use it to bait skunks. It was one of those I wonder what it tastes like moments. Popped open the can and had a taste before I throw the can in the trap. Both times it tasted rather gross but it wasn't the good quality stuff with the real meat either. Walmart not Fancy Feast. I don't know why I tried it the second time. That was dumb.

Dude..............your f**ked up.

[laugh]

I hear they taste a lot like Chinese food...

I draw the line at eating raw bugs/insects... Cooked, with a bit of seasonings, almost anything can be eaten. As long it's not poisonous that is. I also won't eat what came out of the south facing end of a north bound animal...

No eggs?

Lol. Trying it the first time was a brilliant idea?

The guy who wrote the article seems to be a bit of a tool. Who is he arguing with? I don't see anyone stocking up on cat food, urine and copies of "How to Serve MA" (spoiler alert, It's a cook book!!).

You just reminded me of a party I had many years ago in college. I mixed up some cat food with some old mayo we found in the fridge and put it out on the table with some chips. There was this one girl who loved it, ate the whole thing! I ended up dating her for a while, crazy one, mmmmmmm, the good old days![rofl]

You just reminded me of a party I had many years ago in college. I mixed up some cat food with some old mayo we found in the fridge and put it out on the table with some chips. There was this one girl who loved it, ate the whole thing! I ended up dating her for a while, crazy one, mmmmmmm, the good old days![rofl]
152pngcopy_zps6a6b9ea2.jpg

You won the internet, at least for today... [rofl]

that is ****ing awesome.

1 went on a canoe trip in the MN Boundary Waters lakes in '76 with 2 canoes, 4 guys and a dog. We split after several days and planned to meet in a week. Food packs were shuffled and off we went. That evening we found we had the Chuck Wagon dog food and they had 2 people food packs.

Turns out it's better dry.

A few days in, we met two guys in a canoe who had been foodless since a bear got their food bag. We had plenty of Chuck Wagon, and they were hungry enough...

Back
Top Bottom