• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

458 Socom Ammunition

I have already purchased my RRA 458 Socom upper, and am awaiting delivery. In the mean time, I have been searching around my local area for some factory 458 Socom ammo, and come up short. I have purchased everything I need to reload for the Socom however, I would like at least a box or two of some cheap factory ammo to have for comparison sake. Seeing how I reside in the "Great" state of MA, my options for online purchases are few and far between. Any ways, I thought I would open this question to all of you NES members to see what leads you may have on getting some ammo, or even finding a dealer that would be able to help me out.

If you have information that should remain otherwise unspoken, please feel free to contact me via PM, and we can communicate in the shadows.

Thanks for your help,

Chris

Hi Chris! Up front I have never shot factory from mine..... Started out from scratch reloading due to the same factory ammo availability/price problems you are now facing..... If you haven't already you should check out these two sites which have been my "go to" for all things 458 Socom (and Beowulf)....

458socomforums

beyond556

Well, managed to track down 20 rounds of Corbon 405gr JSP ammo with a little help, and a lot of luck. This ammo is extremely difficult to come by, and I am thankful for finding all of my reloading components already. As soon as the upper arrives, I'll have to see how they perform.

Sorry Mark, there will be no mag dumps with how much it costs to shoot.......AWWWWW, who am I kidding MAG DUMPS will be happening! [cheers] Should we put a slide fire stock on it as well? LOL NOW were talking FUN.[mg][rockon]

Pretty much $50! Factory .458 Socom is astronomically priced, and is made in very limited quantities. The place I ordered from sold out in just a few days. The same went for other sites as well. They are a very popular round for Hog hunting, and with the way the Hog population is down south, they get bought up in a hurry. Glad that I will be reloading my own instead of having to shell out money hand over fist buying factory. I only bought 1 box for comparison sake.

Looky looky at what Brown Santa Brought me today!

photo-16.jpg

Boy I forgot how heavy these were! Nothing like hurling a bus at your target!
photo-15-1.jpg

Good old Lincoln looks small in comparison.
photo-15.jpg

Did you say you wanted that Super Sized?

Soon my upper, and that beautiful NES lower will be in, and mated together, then the fun begins! [devil2]

I have one other source for brass as well. But Ill have to keep it hush hush.

No problem..... I'm all set with mine but since it is not a common caliber starline does not make it often..... Only when they have enough backorders to justify it..... Usually sells out pretty quick and there are long periods where you can't find it....

Im new here but have been researching this quesrion for over a month and cant find a straight answer. Here it goes

Just bought my 458 socom so im going to start reloading, dont worry im gonna start with my other calibers probably .223 or .45 dont know yeat i have them all from .22 to sw500, but anyways of track a bit sorry.

I dont want to buy a line of reloaders, What is a good reloader progressive that can do all the way from .22 to .50 caliber?

This has been discussed much and the general consensus is go either with an LNL or a Dillon.... Can't go wrong with either....

For 50 you should be able to load any of the common 50's (500 mag, 50 beo etc) on either but if you are thinking 50bmg you will need a dedicated press.... Other than that you should be fine.....

Back
Top Bottom