• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

40s&w

The two most popular powders for 40s&w in USPSA matches are currently Hodgdon Titegroup and VV N320. I use Titegroup since it's easier to come by that N320 and considerably less expensive.

Prevision Delta (http://www.precisiondelta.com) will be introducing a line of 40S&W ammo (regular and long length) using the VV N320 powder.

I concur on the pressure relative to case length comments from Scott. I recently tested a pre-produciton run of the new Precision Delta products and had both SAAMI and long loads. The SAAMI loads generated noticeably higher velocity with the same powder as the longer loadings.

Also, the long loadings that Scott mentions won't fit in most guns including Glocks - they're really specialty loadings for 1911 style 40's such as the SVI, STI, BarSto and para.

I still prefer WW 231. Cheap and reliable.

I've never used 231, so I can't comment. I was going to the store to pick it up at the recommendation of a couple folks, but when I got there they didn't have any in stock. In fact, I was told that Winchester powders and primers are very hard to get right now. My second choice was Titegroup, and I have to say that I'm happy with it!

Back
Top Bottom