.40 & .223 Reloaders out there?

Patriot

NES Member
Does anyone reload these calibers? I wind up picking up some of this brass
at the range while grousing for the stuff I want and wondered if anyone can
use this stuff or should I just recycle it? I don't have much of it but I always
get some and wondered if it was worth hanging on to accumulate and do a
karma giveaway?

Yes, folks do reload those calibers. So yes, it does pay to pick it up, sell it, use it, or give it away.

Once I get my reloading back in gear, .38Sp, .40 & .45 are at the top of my list as we (Wife and I) shoot more of it than anything else and it's downright expensive.

Since I don't shoot rifles very often any more and I still have lots of Wolf .223 bought back when it was cheap (FS sales a few years ago), it'll be a very long time before I personally think about reloading .223. But there are others on NES who blast thru lots of .223 each week and are/should be reloading.

Ditto what LenS said, I have more .223 brass than I will ever use but I ain't gettin rid of it. Same with the 40. Now if I could just find abandoned 44/40 cases that would be great [wink]

... Now if I could just find abandoned 44/40 cases that would be great [wink]
[laugh2]

That was a joke, right?

Closest I've come is finding a dozen 38-40 cases and one of the range regulars donated a half box of 44-40 factory loads.

Lots of .40S&W lying around though. I've picked up several hundred in the last month. Amerc and the foreign stuff goes in the trash, everything else goes in the stash.[smile]

TBP, Brass would probably be appreciated by the guys just starting to handload.

[laugh2]

That was a joke, right?

Closest I've come is finding a dozen 38-40 cases and one of the range regulars donated a half box of 44-40 factory loads.

Lots of .40S&W lying around though. I've picked up several hundred in the last month. Amerc and the foreign stuff goes in the trash, everything else goes in the stash.[smile]

TBP, Brass would probably be appreciated by the guys just starting to handload.

Amerc = American? Not good brass? Good idea about the guys starting to reload. I will
remember that and save it for them.

Yes and no, I do reload alot of 44/40 although I think not many others do. [grin]

I was commenting on the slim chance of finding brass for any of the WCF calibers just laying around. Aside from cowboy shooters and a few old farts, there aren't too many folks shooting the old calibers any more, and those that do are least likely to leave the brass behind. However, one can always hope.[grin]

I'll take whatever .223 brass people don't want... assuming it's reloadable and not junk (Amerc, wolf, etc) Also 9mm and maybe 40 if anyone has some they want to unload. I just started reloading so I'm trying to build up my stash. [smile]

I was commenting on the slim chance of finding brass for any of the WCF calibers just laying around. Aside from cowboy shooters and a few old farts, there aren't too many folks shooting the old calibers any more, and those that do are least likely to leave the brass behind. However, one can always hope.[grin]

Got Ya [wink]

Back
Top Bottom